016,

EPISODE NINE the gate

EPISODE NINE
the gate.

NOVA HARGROVE couldn't help but smile lightly as she watched mike and the unknown girl walk towards each other. "eleven..." mike whispered, and nova widened her eyes in realisation.

"mike." eleven sobbed, bringing each other in for a hug as they cried quietly.

"is that...?" max whispered as lucas and dustin nodded, shocked. "i never gave up on you. i called you every night. every night for—"

"three hundred and fifty three days. i heard." eleven cut him off with a smile, a tear rolling down her cheek.

mike's face fell in disappointment, "why didn't you tell me you were there? that you were okay?"

"because i wouldn't let her." hopper suddenly spoke up as everyone looked at him with a frown. "the hell is this? where have you been?"

"where have you been?" eleven glared as hopper pulled her in for a hug, which the girl returned with a sad look on her face.

"you've been hiding her." mike spoke, an angry look on his face. "you've been hiding her this whole time!" he shoved hopper.

"hey! let's talk. alone." hopper grabbed mike's collar to stop him from lashing out. nova watched with wide eyes, before turning back to eleven.

hopper and mike left as eleven was brought in for a hug by lucas and dustin, "we missed you!" lucas smiled, "i missed you, too."

"we talked about you pretty much every day." dustin smiled as they pulled away, eleven suddenly poked his mouth as dustin frowned. "teeth."

"what?" dustin frowned, "you have teeth." eleven noticed as dustin grinned and lucas smiled at him.

"oh! you like these pearls?" he purred as eleven widened her eyes in slight horror.

"um, eleven?" max spoke up, walking forward, bringing nova with her who had a shy look on her face. nova stood next to lucas who smiled softly at her, which eleven noticed.

"hi. i'm max. this is nova." she held her hand out, "we've heard a lot about you."

eleven ignored her, and looked away at the door mike and hopper went to, nova shared an awkward look with the group before speaking, "i saw you. at the school."

everyone seemed shocked at her words as they looked at her, frowning. "why didn't you say anything?" dustin asked as nova pulled a face.