6

The creature took a step forward and Marji cried louder. "Please~, she pleaded with the prince, please. She's going to kill me. Let me go! Let me go!" Marji could barely stand and I could not bare to watch her suffer any longer. I conjured my sword and ran at the beast but just as I was about to swing I was stopped dead in my tracks. It turned to me and smiled. "Madison, it said, you know that you and I are powerless against each other. You cant affect me and I cant affect you so it makes no sense to get your pretty little outfit messed up when you cant touch me anyway." I lowered my eyes and turned to Marji. "Marji you have to kill it, I said, you have to save yourself." "She wont do it, it said, she's too weak." "Marji you are not weak!, I shouted, you can win. You're strong!"

Just then, I felt something slash my face. The creature had scratched me with its long nails. "I thought you said we cant affect each other! " I yelled while holding my face. "I lied", it said with a stomach curling grin, "what I meant to say was that you cant affect me but I can hurt you as much as I want and Marji won't be helping you."

It lunged at me and we toppled over onto the grass. It punched me all over my body and even bit me in a few places. Even though I couldn't hurt it I refused to give up.