Part Two

"Why would the prince invite me to his chambers?" You asked the maid who delivered the news to you once you were back in your own chambers.

Your lady in waiting scoffed before she got up, wrapping her arm around you. "Well, I'm quite sure it's not for a round of chess."Your eyebrows furrowed, making her laugh."Oh, Princess Y/N, you're so innocent. The court here is going to eat you alive."

"You know what I told you about what's the only thing men want from a woman." Your mother said from where she was looking out the window.

Your own eyes widened before you turned to look at the young maid who looked to be around your age. "Tell the prince I don't want him. I'm not some poor girl to be passed around by men in court."

She curtsied to you, looking down to the floor. "As you wish, Your Highness." And she quickly left the chambers, hurrying towards Anthony's down the hall. It was already getting dark outside.

"Seems like the prince took interest in you."Your mother said.

"Oh, please, mother... " You breathed out, but the brunette girl by your side agreed with your mother.

"The Queen is right. I watched him today, he seemed... like he was enchanted by you."

"I don't think that's true, Anne."

She shrugged, "I saw it."

"She's right." Your mother finally turned towards you two just as you sat down on your comfortable bed."He's interested in you. We have to turn that into our advantage."

"How?" You asked as she walked closer towards you.

"I always told you men are such easy creatures to manipulate, didn't I?"She looked at you, making you nod."Get close to him, manipulate him into trusting you. Make him fall for you, while the whole time, we'll be the ones in control." She said, placing her fingers under your chin and making you look up at her.

"And what happens after?" You asked."We won't be able to achieve anything. We don't have an army."

"That's where you are wrong, my sweet girl." She smiled down at you."I believe there's quite a number of our soldiers among the ranks of the King's army."Before she continued, she turned to look at your other lady in waiting, a fourteen year old girl."Stand outside the door, make sure no one is listening to our talk."

She quickly got up, and curtsied."As you wish, Your Majesty."And she left the room.

Your mother didn't speak again until she was sure the doors closed."The King is sick, he won't rule for long. I believe you'll be able to make the prince fall for you. And when that happens, we can take our home back."She placed her hands on either side of your face, carressing your cheeks with her fingers."And if I do not live to see that, I want you to rule your father's land."

"What do I need to do?" You asked, making her smile down at you.

Meanwhile, the young maid just told the prince about how you refused to go to his chambers. The whole time, he sat behind his table, finishing writing a letter on a piece of parchment. He looked up when the maid finished. "Lady Y/N said that?"

"Y-yes, my prince." The maid stuttered out, keeping her gaze peeled to the floor.

He let out a hum as he brought the cup of alcohol towards his mouth, taking a long sip as he watched the girl."She's playing hard to get, isn't she?"

"I- I don't know."

"She'll come around eventually. They all do."He said, before he put the cup down onto the table and leaned in the comfortable chair as he looked the girl up and down.