Part Three

When you were walking towards the garden, you were interrupted by someone loudly calling your name. When you turned, you were met by General Rumlow, who quickly caught up with you and gave you a smile."My lady."He took your hand in his and lightly kissed the back of your palm.

"General Rumlow." You smiled at the man. "How are you doing today?"

"Magnificent now that I saw you."He said, making your cheeks burn."Were you heading somewhere?"

"I was just going to go to the garden."You said. "I like it there."

"Am I intruding?" He asked.

"Of course not. Please, come with me."You offered and he was quick to accept.

That's how you found yourself walking around the garden with Rumlow, holding him under his arm. You could hear the birds singing in the background while you two walked, making you content even more.

Rumlow was talking to you about something, probably of the latest battle he went to (and won) just like last night. He spent the night telling you about numerous battles, and you had to pretend you enjoyed it. You couldn't bring yourself to care about what he was talking about, not when the prince walked into the garden, all alone.

Instantly, you straightened up and fixed your posture as you still held Rumlow under his arm, while you two were walking around.

His gaze met yours, and then he saw Rumlow next to you. For a short moment, so quick you'd think it never happened, you saw the prince's jaw clench as he looked at Rumlow, then down at where you were holding him.

"Lady Y/L/N? Did you hear what I said?" Rumlow asked you, making you snap out of your thoughts about prince.

"I... I did."

"Well, what do you have to say about that?"He asked again, making you shake your head as you tried to remember what he told you about.

Suddenly, you remembered.

"About your question if the King found me a husband?" You asked the curious general. He nodded, making you laugh. "He didn't."

"Well, what do we have here?" You heard the familiar voice of the prince ask as he approached you and Rumlow.

Rumlow bowed to the man, while you looked him straight into his eyes.

"General Rumlow." He said.

"Your Highness."

"I see you were enjoying yourself with Lady Y/N."

"Oh, yes, yes. Lady Y/N is great company. She's really smart and, well..." He smiled down at you. "She's gorgeous."

"I see." Anthony licked his lip as he looked to the man. "Mother and father have asked for you in the throne room."

"Are you serious, Your Highness?"Rumlow quickly asked, parting from you as Anthony gave you a smile.

"Of course. You can go, I'll keep Lady Y/N company."

After that, Rumlow quickly left and you resumed your walk with Anthony by your side now. Your hands brushed against each other's as you walked in the garden, which he noticed.

He offered you his arm, and you looked down between his arm and his face.

He smirked at you. "I don't bite. Unless you want me to, of course."

You rolled your eyes before wrapping your small hand around his, your fingers now lightly brushing his biceps.

He noticed how you had trouble walking, which made him furrow his eyebrows. "Are you certain you're fine, Lady Y/N?"