Part Seventeen

That same day, you were holding your newborn daughter in your arms. Tony wasn't there anymore, the only people left in the room were your mother and your ladies in waiting, along with the midwives and healers.

"She is healthy, Your Highness." The healer told you and you looked up at her. Your mind was empty, not a single thought circling through it. You presumed the exhausting labor was the cause.

"What will be her name?" Anne asked you.

"What?" Your eyebrows furrowed, and you were unaware of everything.

"Her name." She gestured at the child in your arms.

You looked down at the bundle in your hands and only then became aware of what was going on around you. The child looked at you, her brown eyes wide open, and the exact shade as her father's.

Her small hand reached out and you took it in yours.

"Mary." You said.

"The King ordered a day long celebration in Princess' honor."Another healer said.

"Tony?" You asked and she nodded."A day?" You asked again, looking towards the woman, who froze in place.

Your mother touched your hand, making you turn towards her. "Three days long is a celebration fit for the birth of a prince." She told you."When a princess is born, it is fit only for a-"

"I want it to be three days." You interrupted.

"Your Highness, you can't-" The healer stopped talking when you looked at her.

"I want to see Tony." You said, gesturing at Anne to take the baby.

She did as you asked, taking the girl from your hands as you tried to sit up.

"Lay down."Your mother told you, trying to stop you from getting up from the bed in your state.

"I want to talk to him." You told her, ignoring her and getting up from the bed, ignoring the pain in the lower half of your body.

The maids helped to clean you and put a clean dress on you before they took you to the throne room, filled with people.

Seeing the look on your face, Tony ordered them to leave. Soon, you found yourself standing in front of him while he was looking you over."What are you doing here?"

"I want the birth of our daughter to be celebrated for three days." You stated, your head held high. Tony gave you a surprised look.

"What?"

"You heard me." You said.

"I can't do that, my love."He said. "It's a tradition. Mother will-"

"I told you already, traditions change. And your mother is no longer the Queen. I don't want my daughter to be treated worse than Virginia's child, or as something less."Tony looked angry.

"She is my daughter, too."

"Then have the traditions change for your daughter." You told him, never moving your gaze off him.

Tony took in a deep breath, looking around the room as he placed his hands on his hips. He caught sight of the guards standing by the door. "You heard it. The celebration will be three days long."

The guards nodded before leaving the room.

Tony looked at you. "The coronation is in a few days." He told you before leaving the room.