-twelve-

As morning creeps in and the sun peeks in through the edges of the drawn curtains, the eerie feeling that had fall over them all last night lifts. The calm before the inevitable storm blankets over them as they rest peacefully in one another's arms.

JiSung lays wrapped up in Chan's tight embrace. His face tucked into the crook of his neck while Felix and MinHo lay beside them in a similar position. The two youngest hands lay between them, intertwined tightly. The memories of last night, an unspoken preparation for what's to come.

Chan is the first to stir. He groans softly as he gently trails his nails over JiSung's bare back. JiSung's body reacts and arches his back so his chest is pressed roughly against Chan's. He shows no signs of waking though. He's far too exhausted to wake up, even though he'll have to soon.

"It's almost here." MinHo whispers softly as he turns his head toward Chan.

Chan nods as he shifts his gaze toward the younger. Their faces are no more than six inches apart; their arms pressed firmly against one another. Their type of affection isn't as loud as the others. Just being near one another is enough to show their love, but the feeling last night left the both of them questioning themselves. Should they show their love in other ways? Should they rely on the same methods they use with the others? Or is what they have enough?

"No matter what happens, I love you." Chan whispers as he shifts a bit to close the distance between their lips.

MinHo closes his eyes and relishes the feeling of the older's mouth against his. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it leaves his stomach full of butterflies. Receiving love from Chan leaves a lasting impact on him. A simple hug or a kiss every so often is enough for him. He knows the feelings behind it will never change, so why overdo it?

"I love you so much." MinHo returns the warm words as Chan pulls back.

"He did a number on you, didn't he?" Chan gently trails his fingertips over the scratches up and down MinHo's body. Felix didn't leave an inch unmarked.

"I don't mind." MinHo reminds him as the touch leaves behind a stinging sensation. The scratches, cuts, and bites Felix adorned him with need cleaned, but he doesn't have the heart to move Felix before he has to.

"I'm glad you chose us." Chan rests his cheek against MinHo's and closes his eyes.

MinHo can't help but smile as he allows his own eyes to flutter shut. He didn't choose anyone, they chose him. He'd had so many clan offers and so many demons and angels approaching him asking him which side he wanted to align with that he just had to run. He couldn't handle the constant prying. He'd run into Felix in the human world at a store. It took Felix no more than a second to identify him. The moment he did, Felix was at his side asking him if he wanted to meet his friends.

MinHo couldn't help but agree. He hadn't even known the boy's name at the time, but he was drawn to him. The way his small hand fit in his was all he needed to know he found his place. The others didn't bombard him with questions about what he was. They didn't even seem to care if he was a higher being or not. They were just content with the freckle faced boy's happiness.

It wasn't until years later they found out what he was. SeungMin had been working on a particularly hard charm as practice when MinHo stepped up and offered to try and help him. SeungMin had been confused, he'd seen MinHo's true form and he looked demon, but he didn't argue. He explained to the older what he was doing and how he could help without requiring him to actually take part in the charm. He didn't want to make the older feel useless if he couldn't do it properly.

The three hours they spent together working on the charm was filled with deep conversations and confessions. SeungMin had been the first one to hear his full story. Once it was out there for one of them and they accepted him full heartedly, he had no reason not to tell the others, too.