Chapter 8

"Whip those lazy legs off'yers!" Golgar scornfully chaffed the Doctor Commander as the barbaric Leshy used his twin daggers to slice open the latest challengers to his immutability: a pack of emaciated Rats. "You're too slow!"

"Yeah, yeah... I'm a 'lazy-legs'. I know!" Doctor-Commander Cold Iron huffed as he caught his breath, his robotic bodyguards and servants trailing just behind him. "At least I could use some real Milk though... would kill for one actually." He spat out his saliva onto the floor as his mind wandered again.

"Graahhh!!!" Golgar disemboweled one of the scrawny scavengers with one of his knives and raised its guts in valorous triumph. "I am Golgar, the Slayer of Monsters! Gorum take this skull upon your throne!"

Blood drizzled like light raindrops in a macabre anointment of his fungal chassis.

"Gorum? Who is he?"

"What is this? A person who doesn't know of my Lord of Iron? Let me teach you his!" Gorum turned to the Doctor-Commander. "Gorum is when the clash of steel meets between swords, the verge of grasping your final breath, the glee of the slaughter, the maiming, the burning! To be like Gorum is to fight, kick and struggle! And... And... the thrill of victory against all odds. Oh! It is oh so valorous."

"A War God? Sounds like my kind of God." He flattered him. He does like the sound of fighting and winning part of this Gorum. Despite his vulgarity, Golgar was quite a zealous little fellow if one can get past his morbid eccentricities. Something to appreciate even if it is crass in these fetid wastelands.

"Ha! Take that Mama Sopas! I told you Gorum is the bestest God!" Golgar leaped for joy.

"Okay tell me where you found the key exactly? I will need to chec---" Izo requested the Leshy as he looked at the user-interface of his Access Key.

JSOC Facility Access – E 50m

Cold Iron smirked amusingly. The Key and Golgar led him to where he REALLY wanted to be quite fortunate enough. Still, he needed to investigate this strange sight the Leshy Scavenger had been to better grip his bearings.

Cupping his hands above his brow, the Doctor-Commander scoured the scene.

He and Golgar were standing upon the Nirmathas side of the river according to Mama Sopas' directions. Across the river a short ferry ride away was nation of Lastwall. If Nirmathas was the Elysian Fields, then Lastwall was Tartarus. The bones of once lively forest littered the soil in a bleak terrace as an erring silence whispered through its charcoaled remains towards its antipodal neighbor. It was enough for even the likes of the Doctor-Commander to feel a creeping chill crawl down his skin. Yet the skies above the desolate land bred colors of miasmic lights as if they beckoned him with their sirenic dances to delve into their luminescent bosoms a ford away from the river. An abyss that the longer he lingered his gaze upon, the more it stared back at him. Beckoning him.

"Now we are here, you wanna know now about that funny key you got there?" Golgar snapped Cold Iron from Lastwall's frightfully hypnotic gaze. "I point you where I found it."

Golgar scamper-scurried forward with Izo hot on the red mushroom's heels. His feet skipped over rough rocks and wetted moss until the terrain shifted into the flat concrete and scattered junk. Metal components of uncanny familiarities began to litter his eyes as the Robotocist found himself amongst the wreckage, nay... a graveyard of trucks and skeletal bodies. Kneeling down onto the corpses he could without a doubt recognize the white star of hope that was plastered on Olive Green canvasses: Armed Forces of the United States of America.

"Here!" Golgar stopped his blood-printed skedaddling as he stood over a skeleton corpse resting upon the remains of a limousine who in contrast to the faded uniforms of the deceased Army Soldiers was dressed in a navy-blue two-piece suit with a singular metal pin of the Red-White-and-Blue held sacredly upon his decaying right breast. "Ooohh... Maggots! Don't mind if I do." He dug his paws onto the corpse's crevices to grab the crawly critters for him to snack upon.