Chapter 8 - The Party

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

"...You know I hate you, right?" Michael spoke in an annoyed tone.

Floriel nodded, "Yep, it's pretty obvious." she spoke in a nonchalant tone. She was wearing a light-sky-blue mini bodycon dress with white clouds designed on it, a silver necklace of a cloud raining and white platform heels, she also had lipgloss on. "Now come on out and reveal yourself!"

"But I look...what's the word?"

"Like a dork." Floriel responded quickly.

"Yeah I-" Michael froze before looking at the stall door "...You bought this 'dorky' outfit on purpose, didn't you!?"

"...Mmmaybe..." She giggled.

"Floriel!"

"Don't give me attitude! Besides, might impress that mystery Archangel you've been swooning over!"

"I haven't been swooning over Asteriel-"

"Wow, you sure you haven't? Cause I didn't even mention their name and you immediately assumed I was talking about them!" she chuckled.

He groaned, "You're never gonna let it go, aren't you?"

"Never, I mean you did hold onto their poncho for a little too long."

"Uh-huh...."

"I believe you even breathed into it-"

"I GET IT!" he snapped, "...Besides, it's not like I can ask them out..." he muttered under his breath.

"Why not? Are they already taken?" Floriel asked, tilting their head slightly in confusion.

"Because!-....Us Angels aren't allowed to date..." Michael held onto himself.

"...Why????"

"...Didn't I just educ-"

"I know about the whole Nephilim situation!" they interrupted, "But that's from sex, not romance...not that The Watchers didn't feel any romantic emotions towards the mortals, what I am saying is that they had the hybrids from sex!" they quickly explained. "Which is why I understand about sex being banned...but why is romance banned?"

"Because it could distract us from doing our job-"

"Okay, that's just not true." they argued, "I have seen tons of mortals who have jobs and still have a healthy romantic relationship with their partners."

"Well, that's because they get breaks, we don't." He stated calmly.

"...So let me get this straight...you guys are forced to work endlessly without getting anything out of it until the end of your universe?"

"...Well when you phrase it like that, it makes it sound bad-"

"It does sound bad! That's practically slavery!"

"It is not slavery! Father knows what's best-"

"But He's not here!" Floriel argued, "...So you can change that!"

"Floriel-"

"He never said anything about whether or not you can change the rules-"

"Floriel!-"

"And we don't know how long He'll be back! If He's sending my sisters for the remaining seasons, that means He's gonna be gone for a long time-"

"FLORIEL!" he snapped.

Floriel jumped, shaking in sudden fear. Michael hesitated before he sighed.

"...Let's just head to the party..." he spoke as he opened the door. He was wearing a white dress shirt, a midnight-blue polyester vest with a matching bow tie and polyester pants, and black leather oxford dress shoes. He walked towards Floriel, "And do not tell me how I should run, I'm the one in charge, not you." he spoke coldly, "Just because you pressured me into having this party doesn't mean you can freely get me to do what you want." he walked past her and out of the room.