Chapter 33 - Canines

CW: This chapter contains scenes of violence and hints to potential triggering plotlines.

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

December 26, 12:34 PM EST — Heaven

Asteriel was flying around Heaven. It was quiet, very quiet and not as much angels out there than usual, but they didn't mind — means less would notice their shakiness. They tried to stop their hands from shaking, but it made things worse.

"Calm down..." they told themself quietly as they closed their eyes for a moment, "He'll get over it...just get his stupid fucking dog and then-"

"Asteriel!" a voice called out from a distance.

'God dammit!' They turn around to face the source of the voice. "Oh hey Briel! What are you doing?" they asked with a wide smile.

Briel flew towards them, "Nothing much, just taking a nice fly — gets pretty claustrophobic in that office." she exhaled, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Haha yeah..." They laughed a bit.

She looked around the area a bit, "...Where is everyone? Feels like a ghost town..." she commented, confused and a bit uneasy.

Asteriel was quiet for a split second before they responded, "Oh, a large percentage of them went searching for Cryohel."

"Searching for Cryohel?" She raised her brow.

"...You didn't know?" they asked innocently.

"Know what?"

"Cryohel hasn't been seen since the party...he's missing."

"...What?! Missing?!" She shouted, "How come no one told me?!"

"Well...You were in your office during that time, so there was no way you could've known." they responded in a calm and reassuring manner.

Her face softened, "Michael is probably very upset by this."

"Very upset." they nodded in agreement.

"I probably shouldn't bother him-"

"Yes! You shouldn't!" They spoke a little too eagerly.

Briel caught onto that, "Why did you sound so eager?" she looked at them with a suspicious glance. "Why don't you want me to go see him?"

"...Because like you said, he's very upset and going through a rough patch with it all." They explained carefully. "He doesn't feel like being near anyone — heck, why do you think I'm out here for?"

She didn't buy it, but decided not to press further. "...Alright..." she spoke slowly as she looked at Asteriel's bruised up, damaged hands. "So...how are things?" she asked, looking up at them with a glance. 

"...Pretty well, I'm gonna go pick up Sunflower." their voice was a bit strained.

"Hm, that's nice." she put her hands behind her back in a professional manner, "Can I come with?"

"Oh, well...sure thing, I don't see why not." They smiled slightly before they gestured her to follow them. 

Briel followed Asteriel, the two were relatively quiet during their flight, making little to no conversation between them. The entire time Asteriel was in their own little world as they flew, Briel kept an eye on their body language as well as their face while making sure she didn't bump into anything.

"So..." Briel spoke up, "What's up with your hands?"

"I hit something..." Asteriel responded in a monotone voice,  "...A wall."