Chapter 6

XxXxXxX

"This doesn't make any sense…" The student council president said, once more returning to the first page of the report that she received from her queen.

"I concur. The leap in grades is just too big. Either Midoriya-san was holding himself back significantly…" Tsubaki started.

"Or his grades were tampered with…" Sona finished her friend's thought. "I believe that his status as quirkless could be a factor here. Sadly there is a lot of prejudice against quirkless people in Japan, especially in the city Midoriya-kun grew up in."

"That's so infuriating… and look here. Seventy three records of him misbehaving, from starting fights to vandalism and destruction of property… I may be a bit too blunt but did you see how skinny and small he was? It's clear that he couldn't even achieve half of those things." The taller girl huffed, clearly angry at the apparent mistreatment.

Sona didn't voice it, but she agreed with that assessment. He displayed a lot of signs that he wasn't comfortable in crowds, even to the point of nearly having a panic attack when the surrounding people started to gossip about him. It was as if he was conditioned to not trust anyone…

"Let's invite him for a tea at the lunch break. Can I trouble you with that, Tsubaki?" The short haired girl asked, getting a resolute nod back.

"Of course, I'll do that personally. Leviathan knows how he would react if we called him over the loudspeakers." The vice president agreed, focusing on the paperwork she needed to process before the school started.

Feeling a small magical reaction from her desk, Sona opened one of the drawers. In the middle of it was a letter, sealed with the Sitri family crest. She quickly opened it, reading through in seconds.

Tsubaki paused in her work, observing how her king was losing color in her face. "Something happened?" She asked with worry when her friend's face started to be more white than the letter she was holding.

"We… we might have to postpone that tea invitation for now…" The student council president replied with a shaky voice.

XxX

'Well… this could be worse…' Izuku thought to himself, seeing how reluctant his classmates were to speak to him. He knew that it was his fault, especially after he got so worked up after meeting Akeno yesterday. His bombastic new friend greeted him normally in the morning, but there still was a bit of tension in the air.

Taking a look at the mentioned blonde, he once more confirmed that she was a reincarnated devil. At least that's the conclusion after his long talk with Rosseweise about the subject.

To have the ability to revive someone just like that, bring back the dead, it was mind boggling. It shed a lot of light on his old friend's situation though.

And that was a whole other can of worms.

He felt so much anger and resentment after their meeting in the Occult Research club, but it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Okay… maybe he was still upset… or angry… with her. But at the same time he felt happiness at seeing her safe, or at least relatively safe. The fact that she was now a contracted slave to the red headed president of the club was still disturbing, even if she didn't seem to be in any distress.

Idly spinning his pen over the notebook, Izuku looked to his other hand. With a smile, he remembered what happened the previous evening.

After the long winded explanation of the current political state of the 'underworld', as Rosseweise called it, the greenette started to ask questions in such an amount that the young Valkyrie was starting to feel dizzy.