Part 8

Kokichi(shuichi) POV
i grab the invention and head to the library to set it up, i had miu make a camera that automatically takes a picture at any movement so i can set it up in the library in case anyone opens the hidden door. once i finished setting it up i leave the library and see kokichi. i feel bad that i haven't spoken to him lately.

"hey shuichi!" i call out, it almost feels normal calling out my own name
kokichu turns "oh hey, did you finish your invention stuff?" he asks
"yeah i'm pretty confident in it but at the same time i'm not sure."
kokichi stays silent for a while
"... angie was acting weird after the trial." kokichi says
"weird how?" i ask
"she was mumbling stuff to herself, i don't wanna accuse her of anything but i think you should keep an eye on her."
kokichi sighs "but then again another murder means that we can get out sooner!"
"geez, you never seem to change." i say
"speaking of-" kokichi starts

kaede walks down the hallway and when she sees kokichi she immediately runs over.
"oh shuichi! i'm glad i found you!" she exclaims
"hi kaede, what's up?" he asks
"me and a couple others are going to eat dinner if you want to come, you can come to kokichi!" jared smiles as she looks at me
"oh yeah we'll go." kokichi says and we start making our way to the cafeteria. when we walk in everyone but maki, ryoma, and angie are there. kirumi sets out plates for us with chicken and potatoes and we all quickly eat our food.

shuichi(kokichi) POV
we eat our food in mostly silence aside from the comments shuichi makes every so often to kiibo or in general.
kaito clears his throat "me and kaede were thinking about what we should do to hopefully keep everyone from uh... killing."
"what would that be?" korekiyo asks
"we should share with each other what we're feeling, i'm sure there's someone else that's feeling what your feeling if not similar and it might help us calm down." kaede explains
we all take a moment to process and the first voice is not the one i was expecting.
"uh no way."
"huh?" kaede looks his way
shuichi looks at kaede
"listen i'm just being realistic, no one wants to vent to people who can kill us. sorry it's a good plan- it's not actually but my point here is your all to trusting, but if you want to tell strangers your feelings and vulnerabilities be my guest but it's not a good idea."

what is he talking about?!
"listen kokichi you don't have to like the idea but we all like it!"kaito exclaims
"did you even ask the others if they liked it?" shuichi asks
kaito looks around at everyone sitting at the table they all avoid eye contact.
"see...." shuichi leaves the cafeteria. why did he do that? he just got super mad and why? i quickly hurry after shuichi but just before i can get to him he closes the door to his room. i decide to go to my room and hope that he's ok.

words:574
authors note: i've finally updated again! i'm in a much better space mentally and i'm so excited to pick back up my fics! there won't be a schedule for updates but i will update!