T W O: STANDING STILL

Killan was bored

Killan was bored. He wasn't one to shy away from his pack's club, but that didn't mean he wanted to spend countless hours here either. Not only did he not want to be there but he felt like he shouldn't be there. Something felt wrong and he couldn't really pinpoint what was causing it. There was an uneasy feeling pooling in the pit of his stomach and the longer he stood in that one spot the uneasiness grew. He placed his hand on the mezzanine and glared down at the masses. They all looked like fools really. Didn't they have better things to do than get drunk and party. His eyes went down to his own glass and he laughed humorlessly. Killan was a bit of a hypocrite.

"Can you at least look like you're having fun?" Raven was suddenly beside him, "You'll scare the humans away." He chuckled. Raven was his older brother, but no one would ever guess. He was child like in a way. Immature and reckless. It also explained why Killan would be Beta instead of his older brother. Not that Raven gave a fuck about his birth right, he'd rather not have that responsibility anyway.

His long jet black hair was now shaven short and it made him appear scarier than he actually was. Killan  actually preferred the longer hair on his brother. Raven wore a smirk that showed his pearly whites and a mischievous glint in his eyes. He had one goal tonight; to get his brother drunk and laid.

Killan pulled his eyes away from the crowd and to his brother, "Since when do you care about scaring the humans away?" Raven shrugged.

"I don't," Raven confessed. He was indifferent towards the humans, but they did keep their business afloat so he wasn't that indifferent, "But then who will you pick from?" He motioned. Unlike his brother, Raven found the nightlife exciting.

Killan raised an eyebrow at that. Pick from? He didn't plan on picking anything at all, "And what if I don't want to pick?"

"Then I'll just pick for you." Raven squinted down at the crowd at possible prospects. He didn't know his brother's type, but he was sure any dark haired man would suffice, "Or do you want women again?" He smiled innocently even though he was anything but.

"Oh, God. I don't want any man you'll pick for me." Killan visibly shuddered. He ignored that last snarky remark from his brother. Killan had never craved a woman's touch, not even as a horny teenager. He just wasn't one to whore around, no, he left that up to Raven, "I've seen your taste in women. I can just imagine your taste in men."  He jabbed.

"Every woman I've slept with was a knockout!" Raven defended and point his finger in his brother's face and Killan swatted it away before pointed his own finger in Raven's face. Sometimes they were both childlike.

Sure, Raven wasn't picky, but he sure as hell wasn't desperate! Raven couldn't understand why his brother didn't act like him and the rest of the mateless men in the pack. He wasn't even sure if his brother was still a virgin or not. Oh, God, he'd hope not. A twenty-five year old virgin was just sad. Raven grimaced just at the thought of it! Thankfully, Killan was no virgin, he just wasn't his brother.