S I X: A SLICE OF ME

Cyan smoked to calm his nerves

Cyan smoked to calm his nerves. He smiled stupidly as he stepped into the pizzeria and was happy to see that it was empty. He didn't think he could stomach being around even a few people right now.

He was also happier to see that there was a new face standing behind the counter and it was definitely an upgrade from the teenagers they usually have working in there.

"Welcome to Lorenzo's. How can I help you?"

I'll take one of you. Cyan smirked at the silly pickup line in his head. Cyan eyed the man's name tag that read "Anthony." An Italian man named Anthony, how original. The next thing Cyan noticed about him, when he got close enough, were his eyes and they were a light shade of brown. Anthony had dark hair that was cut short and a smaller build than Cyan's. He lacked facial hair and his shirt hugged his body so tight it showed how lean he actually was.

Cyan leaned against the glass display case to peer down at the different styles even though he already knew what he was getting. It all just looked so good in that moment. Maybe supreme was the best way to go, hmm? Jordan wouldn't be too mad. Nah, he sure wouldn't.

"I'll just have two large pizzas. One half mushroom and pepperoni. The other one just pepperoni. Extra cheese on both, please," He finally decided. When he glanced back up Anthony's eyes were trained on him, but he hastily looked back down when they met eye contact. Cyan smiled knowingly.

Anthony coughed into his hand, "Anything else?" He knew he'd been caught staring.

"Your phone number." Cyan replied, smoothly. Usually his game was better, but the weed had turned him giggly.

Anthony's head titled a little in amusement. He now stared at Cyan's face a little too hard for his liking. Cyan knew his eyes were slightly red and the fluorescent lights in there didn't really hide anything, "Are you high or something, man?"

He rubbed his face and smirked, "I don't know. Are you a cop disguised as a cute pizza guy?"

Anthony folded his arms over his chest, "So, I'm not a cute cop, but I'm a cute pizza guy." He said smartly. Cyan chuckled and shrugged.

"I'm definitely not high."

"Then, I'm definitely not single, so I can't give you my number." Cyan's smile dropped and it took a few more seconds for Anthony's words to register in his head. After realization his sly words, his smile quickly returned.

"Well, that good because I'm definitely high," He confessed, "So, that means you're definitely single."

"You know, we're closing soon. Why don't I just deliver these for you?"

"You want me to leave so you can deliver them? Are you high, Anthony?" Cyan quizzed. That didn't make any sense.

"I didn't really think that one through," Anthony laughed at himself awkwardly and brought his hand to his forehead, "How about I just give you my number like you asked so I can save myself from anymore embarrassment."

Cyan watched him struggle over his words, "You're cute." He simply answered.

Anthony nodded, "You already said that." Cyan just shrugged his shoulders. Unlike Anthony, Cyan never really felt embarrassment even after doing something wildly embarrassing.

"Well, I'm saying it again."

"How about you go sit down." Cyan paid and went to a booth in the far corner. Anthony took the slip and walked back into what Cyan assumed was the kitchen, to make the pizzas.

He fiddled with his finger as he glared down at the table. Smoking didn't really help his nerves as much as he thought it would. When the thoughts of Killan came creeping back into his mind he found that it really didn't help at all because he was still feeling anxious. Why, though? He was safe now.

Cyan was so lost in his thought he didn't realize that one more person had come in. He walked up to the counter and tapped on the bell for service. Anthony lazily walked to the counter and gave Raven the same greeting he gave Cyan.

"I'll have ten supreme."

"Woah," Anthony whistled, "ten? That's a big party." He smiled as he hurriedly wrote down the order, "It'll be about forty minutes." Raven nodded at the man before turning his attention to the real reason he came in here.

The smell of weed was coming off Cyan in waves and Raven wondered if he should even try to reason with him when he was in this state. Weed had never done anything for Raven and It made humans act more stupid than they already are.

He didn't do men, but as he walked closer to Cyan he knew Goddess had given his brother a fine one.

Cyan's head snapped up when Raven sat down. He hadn't even heard the man come up. One would think a near death experience would increase someone's survival skills.

"Can I help you?"

Raven thought carefully about the next words he was going to say as he tapped his finger on the table. He knew he had to take things lightly. Things were already bad and if Raven made them worse, Killan would have his head. It was bad enough he would smell like Cyan when returned home. The secret out of his outing would surely be out then.

"I think you know my brother..."

"No, I don't." Cyan shot back rather quickly. He didn't want to play any guessing games with this stranger. Nothing about Raven familiar to him, so how could he somehow know his brother? Why was he running into so many weird people.

"Killan." Was all Raven said.

Cyan's hand suddenly stopped moving at the mention of that name. He recovered quickly, "No, I don't know him." His eyes darted to back to the counter but Anthony and his pizzas were nowhere in sight. Maybe if he called out for him he could save him from this conversation.

"I'm not here to hurt you." Raven tried to reason.

That didn't make Cyan feel any better. If anything, it made him feel worse. He was the brother of the man that literally tried to kill him just hours ago. His hand started shaking and Raven noticed. He rubbed his shaven head.

"I just want to talk. I know what happened and I just want to...explain." He continued, "He didn't mean to hurt you. Killan just wants to talk to you." Raven reached across the table to grasp Cyan's hand.

Cyan jumped back from reach and put his hands in his lap. This was insane! This man could be lying for all he knew. How'd he even find him in this random pizza place Downtown?

Cyan shook his head and quickly stood up, "I told you I don't know him. Leave me alone." He stormed out the pizzaria without his pizzas and without Anthony's phone number.