An unwanted invitation

I walked into class 34.B ready for the hell that is Math to start. I always hated math, I'm not exactly terrible at it however I'm not great and I struggle getting my grades up, I have my final test on Wednesday which means I have two days left to teach myself everything I don't know which is like everything so I'm 1000% failing this test.

I sat down in my seat and looked to my left, no surprise to me that Steve wasn't there, he usually either skips or turns up about 20 minutes before the end of the lesson. I'm sort of glad he isn't here though because he can be so distracting sometimes...I'm not exactly complaining but still with the test being in two days I really need to focus.

Im then snapped away from my own world when someone slams a textbook on my desk, I look up and there he is, Steve Harrington, his face inches from mine with his eyes staring straight into mine. I feel my heart begin to race and my stomach doing somersaults. "Wilsons" he finally speaks "i'm going to your house at 6 tonight" he continues, I keep eye contact with him confused, I say "huh..why...my parents are home-" Steve then interrupts me quickly "I need help studying so make sure to leave your window open I will be there at 6pm" and with that he left the room, to skip lesson presumably.

I sit in a state of confusion for the rest of the lesson wondering why on earth he wants to come to my house and most importantly to study? Steve never studies because he's usually either at a party or hanging out with some girl somewhere. I then realise I have to find a way to get him in and out of my window without my parents finding out. My dad would kill me if he found out I had any boy in my house let alone Steve Harrington. My dad never liked Steve, he always thought he was trouble so whenever I was allowed to have a small party for my birthday Steve was never allowed in, I understand where my dad is coming from like yeah Steve definitely has a reputation but he is still my friend and I value my friendship with him as much as I value my friendship with Frenchie.

The bell rings as the teacher dismisses the class allowing us to leave and head for our second period. As I walk out the door I'm stopped by Frenchie, "hi, how was math huh" she winks at me as she says this and gives me a small nudge, I just laugh it off "he wasn't in the lesson as usually, come on Frenchie you should know this by now" I say, I decided that I would tell her about our little conversation we had briefly later or maybe tomorrow after it has happened because after all it's just studying math and maybe being able to explain the content to someone else may be helpful in helping me remember what I need to know.

I decided to stick with Frenchie for a little bit and take the long way to second period, after all it was only history. We were about to turn the corner to where our lockers were when I saw Steve again, he smiled as he walked past me slipping a note into the side of my bag. I look at Frenchie and she just gives me a slight smirk, I hit her on the arm and tell her it's probably nothing and that I will look at it later as we had finally arrived to lesson.