Suicide

Suicide

By Dillon Collins

They turn on some screamo to adjust the mood, their anger is raging pretty harshly now. Anti-reasonable, they're all alone so they don't hurt anyone but themselves.

Rushing the highway, enveloped in the migraine screaming from the stereo. Faster now, taking risks. Using adrenaline to scare away reality. A buffer zone of dreams.

There's a danger in silence, it doesn't atract worry from anyone. It would come as a shock when they finally exploded. So in a sick sort of mercy, they're making it look like an accident.

Pondering whether it was fate that had caused the highway crew to never bother building a guardrail on that lonely stretch of highway they dutifully straighten the curve.

Tires leave the road for open air, the view through the windshield spirals. Closing their eyes, they smile. Gritting teeth as the buffer disappears. They find their permanent torture.

When it's all over, and the last drop of life fades. We're left with not just a shattered car, a shattered body, but a broken family. Wondering at the seemingly cruel loss of life.

His job is now done, flashing his teeth, he laughs triumphantly, then feasting in the spoils of the kill. Never really sated he boredly wanders off to find himself a new host.