4 - Boredom.

Time was harsh to the figures of the past, no matter who they were. 

It was inevitable that the structures that once supported the most admired figures of the past would erode like that of sand, and even more so that they would be completely dissolved into the earth itself. 

It was fate, and it was expected; there was no doubt that I'd happen, even if the people who treasure their legacies wish for it not to. To be remembered is to survive even when dead, but to be forgotten is to be dead before death even happens. 

That is the mentality that several people have with 'legacy' and 'being remembered,' though, in truth, it isn't as important as some would like to think. The desire to be remembered is one that is synonymous with every human. Nobody wants to be left to the wayside, never to be heard from again, but to some, all that matters is the legacy that they themselves can take with them; they don't care about being remembered by others; they just hope that when their soul leaves the mortal world, they themselves can remember what they had done in their life.

(Y/N), in a similar fashion, didn't really care about 'legacy' or 'being remembered,' all he cared about was being satisfied with his own decisions in his life; whether he'd be remembered or not was, as everything was, up to fate. 

Fate controlled the majority of all actions committed by man, whether it be lifting a finger or causing a murder; fate controlled those things... at least, what (Y/N) perceived as fate. He didn't think of it as an actual physical entity; fate was fate; it was an idea, but one that started to seem more convincing after he met that girl... Aponia.

It was only a quaint six days ago that he first met her, and he had been going every day to meet her again, both to ask questions and to inquire about his connection with her. Aponia was, from what he could infer, mysterious, almost eerily so. He couldn't put a finger on her, and her mysterious nature, as well as attitude, wasn't helping with his investigation...? Of her.

Clearly, there was something more intriguing going on with her and his relationship. Aponia had told (Y/N) during the first time he met her that "somethings will never leave his mind, no matter what time period he's in," which, in turn, confused him. It was almost as if she was inferring that he wasn't from this era, as if there was another him. But, from what he knew, that couldn't be possible. He was born only nineteen years ago, and that wasn't ages or millennia ago; that was only about two decades ago. 

Nevertheless, he was always open to new information and a greater context of who he was; (Y/N) never got to know his parents, nor did he ever know much about his family's history. He had a sister who took care of him for two years before her death, and that was really it; there was no one else of his blood that he knew, so perhaps Aponia was a distant family relative from years past calling out to him, making sure he acknowledged her existence?

(Y/N) didn't know, but that was all the information he had. Thus, he had to make some guesses and, most of the time, just go with what he had. He had written all this information, his theories, and other things on a piece of paper. Every day, he added something new to the list, constantly realizing just how invested he was getting into her... or whatever this was. Sometimes, he'd see the faint image of a butterfly pass by his face, or it'd just land on his hand and rest there; (Y/N) wouldn't touch or disturb it; no, it would be wrong too, but it did spark within him some sort of nostalgia as he remembered his time in the woods.