Chapter 11

One special day, the bands for this tour were invited to be featured in a radio interview that would be broadcast all over Europe. Palaye were the most excited since they would be able to introduce themselves to their fans here, and having the support of Grave District boosted their confidence. We headed to the radio station not too far from tonight's venue and as we all stepped inside, the staff seemed to recognize both bands and were excited to have then in their building. The host of the radio show came out to introduce himself to the bands and even went to shake my hand. I clarified I wasn't a band member but I came with Remington and his brothers who invited me to come along on this tour. The host was so kind, he even let me sit outside the booth where the bands would be interviewed on-air and I get to watch as a live audience. After formal introductions and a small tour around the radio station, the host invited Palaye Royale to be interviewed first. I watched through a glass window and listened in as they were getting set up and preparing to start when the hour had begun.

When it was time, radio station's jingle was played before the host gave his normal introduction to his listeners. He then introduced Palaye Royale as one of his guests for today's show and even let each member introduce themselves. They spoke as calmly as they could, but I was one of the only ones who could tell they were very excited to be doing this today. The host asked general questions to the band such as their inspiration for music, what motivated them and what they hope to do in the future. Palaye, of course, gleefully answered each question as if they were prepared for all of them. Then the host began to shake things up by having his listeners call in to be able to ask Palaye Royale their own questions on the air. The first person to call in expressed excitement to be able to talk on the radio with Palaye and then asked, "Okay, so, I know you guys are originally from America and that's so amazing. My question is: If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?"

Emerson answered how he'd live in France (especially since Nina is there now), Sebastian hoped to live in Amsterdam where they just performed over a week ago to the most enthusiastic audience yet. Remington's answer surprised the listener and me, "It doesn't matter where I live, as long as I can continue doing what I love with the people I love." I smiled at his answer and the listener thanked the band and expressed their love and support as well, which made the boys smile. The host then picked up a second listener who asked, "I don't know if you've stated this already, but I'm curious if you guys might ever do your own headlining tour someday. I'd definitely attend just to see you guys as the main act." The boys were flattered and Sebastian stated, "It's a must for us, but it will happen when it's the right time. In the meantime, we're already happy to perform live no matter what. Keep dreaming and it just might happen sooner than you'll expect." The host decided to pick up one more caller who sounded like they didn't even realize they got picked to be on the air.

"Am I live? Oh my gosh, I am! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to sound so freaked out!" The boys laughed and Emerson stated, "Don't be sorry, you're adorable. We're happy to speak with you regardless." With that, the caller sounded more relaxed as they introduced themselves and apparently another person, "Thank you, that actually helps. Okay, well, I'm Grace and I've got my friend, Beatrix, with me to try to talk with you guys and we both have a similar question we hope isn't too personal." The band was intrigued as they encouraged Grace to ask her question, she let out a long breath and asked to everyone's surprise, "Your fans love you very much and we've nothing but undying support for all of you. But me and Beatrix were wondering...do each of you have someone you care about a lot?" My smile dropped when she asked that question and I wasn't sure if the boys were willing to answer that question. Remington looked back to glance at me as I was wondering whether he'd reveal his relationship to me publicly.

After a moment, he finally spoke for himself and his brothers as he answered Grace's question, "Grace, I can tell you don't mean to pry into our personal business and just want to look out for us, we appreciate it. But since the ones we care about a lot are very precious to us, we don't want to reveal too much to keep them safe. What we can tell you is that we do have people we care about just like you care about us and even managed to find love in our lives. It's because of those special ones that we found motivation and strength to pursue our dreams of doing this for a living and it helps to know there are now hundreds more who care about us and appreciate what we're doing as artists. So, to answer your question: Yes, we do have someone we care about a lot and we wouldn't be who we are if we didn't have them in our lives now. How's that for you, Grace?" There was some hesitation on the other line, but then sniffling was heard as Grace's voice returned, "Ahem, yes, sorry! That was a very beautiful answer and it makes us so happy to know you guys have love in your lives. As someone who wants others to be happy, knowing you guys are makes me so much happier. Thank you and good luck on your run with Grave District!" With that, the last caller hung up and the rest of interview was carried out as I wondered how Palaye's fans would feel knowing their idols were taken.