Prologue

During the month of May in 1970, Carina Wisteria made the hard choice to withdraw herself from Trouvaille University as a form of protest for how they treat her as a student and a person. While this was something she never wanted for herself, she would not stand to be neglected of her education and success all because of one professor's resentment toward her and what she did to change Querencia for the better. As a result, she's no longer a student attending the school which has affected her both positively and negatively. She prepares to forget about her melancholic state of mind as she prepares to accompany Remington and his band to Europe and perform as the opening act of the most popular band overseas on tour. There's much to be excited about, but also new things to be wary of now that Palaye are on the rise to become the next biggest rock stars in the world. The new attention might cause a rift between Carina and Remington they never would have expected.

Meanwhile in a small part of the UK, while Palaye Royale are become more popular by the second, there are still some elder individuals that are against rock n' roll music believing it's a bad influence. Nevertheless, scattered members of the youth become aggressively attached to Palaye's music and what it means to them. To keep this newfound passion for their favorite rock band a secret, a secret fan base was founded without a name, but lyrics from Palaye's songs were used to identify another fan. Ever since Palaye Royale were announced to be the opening band for a summer tour, fans were so excited by the announcement that every concert date was sold out in a matter of hours. This tour was expected to be the biggest selling rock n' roll tour of the year, almost everyone was more excited to see Palaye perform live for the first time than to see the main headliner. Amongst the population of Palaye Royale enthusiasts were two young girls who seemed like polar opposites to everyone else, but the one thing that would bring them together is the strong and unwavering love they have for their most favorite rock n' roll band in the entire world.

***

Grace's POV

We were in the final two months of our summer term where I go to school and I wanted nothing more than to be finished here. It was my final year here at the this school and I had done remarkably well in my marks and attendance. I've managed to impress everyone at school and in my neighborhood, thanks to my parents always bragging about how I'm their greatest achievement. I don't mind their praise that much, but I wish it was because they were actually proud of me instead of hoping for me to be better than my older brother. Once a close part of our family, he was shunned by our parents when he was exposed playing rock n' roll music in an underground club to an audience who was intoxicated by drugs and alcohol. Our parents were so ashamed by his actions that they cast him out of our home, telling him to never return should he continue supporting such a vulgar genre of music. He's never mentioned again as if he didn't exist. But it's my secret love for rock n' roll music that keeps his memory alive for me.

Despite what my parents say about the music that leads young individuals to do bad things, I think it does the complete opposite. I think it leads us to believe in ourselves and do what we think is right instead of what is appropriate. When my brother was found in that club, I never judged his choice because I knew he never did it with bad intentions. He just wanted to play music he loved even if it meant that he'd be surrounded by those that might make bad choices. He never wanted to leave our parents disappointed, he hoped to make them proud by doing what he loved most in the world and thriving every day of his life. I have no idea where he is now, but I hope he's doing well and he still remembers that no matter what, I still love him and hope to see him again. For a long time, I've been able to suppress my passion for rock music to keep my parents from finding out and having them shun me out of our family as well. But for the last couple of months, things got harder as I discovered the new rock n' roll sensation in the nation, Palaye Royale.

It started back in November when I was listening to the radio one late night while my parents were out and I was browsing through various stations. I stumbled on an American radio station that played mainly rock and alternative music. It was then that I heard Palaye's first single, "Morning Light", and my life changed forever. I've never heard music like that, and I wanted more. I soon discovered the band had an upcoming debut album coming out in May and I never felt so excited for something as simple as a record. There's a secret shop in the town where I live that sell magazines from America and its where I found Palaye Royale on the cover of a famous music magazine called Alternative Press. My heart fell more in love with them as their aesthetic was something I didn't realize I had an affinity for. I'm surprised they weren't from here with their style and presentation. The band was something unique in a generic world filled with copies of the same thing. After hearing about them coming to perform live this summer, I wanted nothing more than to see them just once despite my family already hating them.