4 \ This is definitely not 1921.

"I will get back tomorrow. We could postpone the trip." Divya told her PA, Aniket who stood wringing his fingers in nervousness.

Her boss had asked him to come home and make an excuse before her new family, the royal family.

Her father in law, Maharaja Pratham nodded at her. Work was a priority for him, and he was glad his daughter in law had the same strong work ethic.

"I hope that's okay, Yuvraj." She said confirming it with her husband.

"Absolutely, Rajkumaari." He said looking at her.

Pratham glanced at his wife hearing the two of them still not calling each other by their given names. She shook her head conveying she did not know either.

Why had it become such a problem with his kids, he did not understand. He had married according to the choice of his father just like the rest of his siblings. And they had created a family together. Wasn't that all about it. Wasn't that what was meant by a fulfilled marriage.

He just did not understand the new generation.

.

Divya and Vikram walked in the direction of their quarters, a smile intact on their face. They had averted what was going to be an absolute mess of a trip together.

Divya could practically see the hop in her stride. It was one of the few days he had seen her so happy.

He entered the room, shutting the door behind them. He did not wish to convey that anything was wrong between them to anyone, especially the caretakers. Word travelled the fastest between them.

"No more lehangas and ghoonghats from tomorrow, yay!"

Vikram wasn't sure if she was talking to him or just talking out loud. And she seemed too happy for him to ask and spoil it. So, he simply let the smile stay in his lips.

"Aniket was sweating bullets when I was instructing him. Poor guy." She said, giggling towards the end.

He had never thought, in his entire life, that he would ever get to hear her giggle. She was bold and strong and powerful. Giggling did not go with her personality. And yet, it was one of the most wonderful sounds he had heard.

Divya went to the common dresser, unhooking the mangalsutra from around her neck. She had already taken the nath off on the way to their quarters. She placed the beaded necklace in the dresser and walked into her closet room.

Vikram stood alone in the room, the smile still in place even after she had left. In the brief interactions he had had with her, he knew one thing for sure. She did not like the situation they were in. And yet, she somehow managed to find joy in the simplest of tasks.

He had watched her walk in the garden early in the morning through the window. He had no idea why she was up so early. But she looked at peace, her face tilted towards the sunlight, the smile making her glow.

He soon realised he had spent the past few minutes thinking about her. That bothered him. It worried him to the extent that he did not know what to do next. So, he shut out his thoughts and wakes into his closet room to get changed.

.

Vikram walked out of the closet with the coat held at his elbow while his hands here busy knotting the tie to perfection. He had managed to be 30 minutes late. He had no idea how he slept through the alarm. It was only when her alarm went off that he woke up.

God, was her alarm tone shrill.

He had managed to get ready on time though he had to skip gym today. He was adjusting the collar when he saw her come in, dressed like usually did. She walked out in a gorgeous office dress with her heels in her hand. All signs of her bride-ly self gone except for the huge rock on her finger.