S I X

Logan

We were ridding down some street I didn't really recconize. Silence filled the air. I looked over at him as he watched the road. He looked like as if he were focusing on something else.

My friends are probably worried sick about me. My parents live in Arizona and they are both lawyer's. They met each other in college and had me after. I moved out because I couldn't take it. They were acting like they didn't know where they came from. They both once lived in the ghetto and didn't have much. My mom acts as if she's better than everyone else. She acts as if she didn't have a daughter. She never spoke to me or let alone cared. We don't get along very well and that is the exact reason I moved far away from them.

I now live in Atlanta with my best friend Chanel. She's my roommate, I met her in the 7th grade in Arizona. Then she moved here. She talked me into coming down here, because the problems with my mom. She left out of town on vacation with her boyfriend before I was kiddnaped. That's why she wasn't home when I came back..

Chanel is really sweet, But still has a wild side of her. She has dark caramel smooth skin. Her hair is a little past her shoulders. She's thick in the waist but her stomach is flat. Chanel is real though. That's why I fuck with her, Bre and her twin sister like that. Were all just bestfriends. They are like my sisters I tell them everything!

I started to think if Javier was even looking for me, or if he even cared enough to do that much. I was probably nothing more to him but a hoe that he saved. He probably isn't even attracted to me. The first time I seen him I just caught these feelings for him. But then again he might have a girlfriend so I'ma just stay in my lane.

"Aye?"he snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked over at him, the sunlight was shining directly in his eyes so that made them look even sexier while his dreads hung around his face, "Hmm?" I spoke.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. But I'm sure he looking for you. That's yo nigga and--"

I cut him off "He ain't my fucking nigga." My face scrunched up.

He threw one of his hands up in surrender. "My bad, damn. But who ever y'all is to each other, he ain't just gone sit there and not look for you." I looked at him confused.

"How do you know?"

He licked his lips and looked back at the road, "Because that's my brother. We lost each other when we were kids. Its another story for another day."

I nodded understanding how he feels about that topic. It caught me off guard, but at the same time how would I know I don't even know the nigga.

"We finna go to my crib, and you can sleep in the guest room until the morning. My girl be tripping though but just tell me if she bothering you I'll get her shit together." He said.

I really don't even want to go anymore. I didn't know he had a girlfriend but why should I care right? I don't but I do. Where else can I go? Home? Hell no.

We pulled up to a nice house I'm guessing it was his. It was big but not as big as Javier's. He parked at the door of the garage, turned off the ignition and pulled out the keys.

We both got out the car and walked to the front door. He unlocked it and walked in. The house was well decorated but you can tell, ain't no nigga did this.

He lead me upstairs to his guest room. I just crossed my fingers, hopefully this will work out.

Javier

I shook my head and looked down at the body. I realized who it was when I saw his tattoo on his neck.

I ran my hand over my face and walked over to him. They followed behind me making sure nothing else just pops out. I touched his hand and it was cold.

"Damn man, why him?" He said shaking his head. My world came crashing down. This was my homeboy. My nigga who went through thick and thin with me. Him and Rell been there with me since day 1. This can't be happening.

I looked down at him again. He had one bullet in the center of his forehead, and two in his chest. I stood up and walked over to the door. Everyone was looking at me waiting for what's next.

I licked my lips nervously. "Burn this mothafucka down!" I walked out of the house with Tell on my ass.

He stopped me. I glared at him with a look that could kill. "What the fuck you looking at me like that for. Man, he was my nigga too." I looked away fighting the anger that was about to be released. I was not about to cry in front of no nigga. Mothafuckas say its okay for a man to cry. Fuck that! I ain't no weak ass nigga.

"Man, Fuck that! We couldn't do shit about it! How the fuck we gone tell his girl, his fucking moms! Who can explain that shit!?" I was furious. He just looked calm and collected, while my mind was all over the place.

"Jay, I know you mad right know. But we can't do shit about it. We gotta play smart. Get cho mind right dawg." He explained.

Rell was right though. I needed to calm down. But how could I be so calm when my homeboy got smoked.

"Man, whatever I need to smoke." I left the conversation alone and got into my car, grabbed a blunt from my compartment and drove off.

I don't need this shit right now. There's already too much shit on my mind.

My phone started ringing. I lit the blunt, took a puff and answered without looking at the screen. "What!?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you nigga why you answer the phone like that?! I ain't cho goddamn groupie? The fuck?" It was my cousin Bre'Ahna. She always seemed to call. But she was the only female I talked to like that except for my granny.

Bre is ghetto as hell but still classy. She from the A foreal, with the accent and all. She more like a sister to me though.

"What chu want Bre?" I asked irritated.

"Come over I gotta spill some shit." I could tell she was excited.

"It better not be no bullshit, plus I'm not in the mood right now."

"Oh my gaaawd! Just come over damn you act like you got sumn better to do. Last time I checked yo ass was lonely. The door is unlocked." With that being said she hung up. I shook my head and dialed my lookout-nigga number.

"Wass good man? What chu need?" He answered. I scratched my head.

"Man you got word on ole' girl."

"Yeah bro. She escaped from Rakeem Trap House in some gown or some shit and snook in this car. I guess she didn't see us watching. So then this other mothafucka, with dreads comes out gets in the same car and drives off. So we at his shit now. Both of em inside and we just out side a couple blocks away. Let us know when you ready." He explained.

I nodded my head. "Aight just wait there till tonight. Text me the address homeboy." I hung up.

I turned the car around towards the direction of Bre's crib.

What's still stuck in my head, Who the fuck is this nigga with the dreads? Why did he save her?

..................
Sorry it took me so long lol. But I tried . I hope its good thoo. Oh, & go follow ChAnELLLLLLLL check out her new book Broken for me y'all.

READ
COMMENT - FR FR CAUSE YALL LACKIN'
VOTE!!!!! -