₀₄

CURIOSITY GOT THE BEST OF ZOE. Why was Chrissy Cunningham heading into the woods? She did what any insane person would of done and followed her. She looked out for her today, the best she could do was to go see if she was luring herself into any danger.

Following the blonde haired girl quietly, Zoe crossed the track field as soon as Chrissy entered the forest. She kept looking back incase anyone got suspicious of her heading that way. Besides it was the lunch and she would be questioned why she would be going in to the woods?

Zoe didn't want to intrude on whatever the girl was doing but she had a gut feeling something bad was going to happen. After all. This is Hawkins.

Zoe could hear birds, crickets, twigs being snapped. With every sound Chrissy looked in the direction. Almost as if she didn't want to be seen...

She lost sight of the girl for a minute until she saw her new founded friend staring at a tree? why was she staring at a tree? Should i go say something? Is she okay? Maybe following her was the wrong idea. A million thoughts ran through her head.

Chrissy started to stumble backwards, walking away from the invisible thing she was staring at. At this point Zoe was trying to hide but there wasn't many options.

A male voice broke her out of her ideate.

"Whoa, hey, hey, hey."

Eddie. But Eddie was just being rude to you and Chrissy was trying to help you. Why was she with him? Was this Eddies plan. Was she secretly cheating on Jason? She couldn't they were madly in love.

"Didn't mean to scare you"

Zoe wanted to leave, but she couldn't she felt too invested in whatever the pair were up to. She observed their body language to try and guess what scene was about to take place. They made their way over to the bench.

"There's nothing to worry about. No one ever comes out here"

"I promise"

He opened this metal box, it was like a mini brief case.

Chrissy spoke up

"So, how does this work exactly" The girl was sat exactly the same as to how she was at lunch. She was playing with her fingers in her lap while looking down

"I'll do you half ounce for. uhh... 20. What do you say"

HALF OUNCE. she was dealing with Eddie. But she was the most innocent one at Hawkins. Zoe knew something was off with her. They seemed to be in a deep conversation so Zoe took this at her advantage and escaped. This was too much, and even though Eddie was rude to her. Chrissy seemed comfortable enough to be around him.

The black haired made it out of the forest, wiping down her outfit which was now covered in twigs and leaves. The last thing she'd want to do is out herself out to where she's been.

People were still in school, the pep rally was now. She wasn't going to attend. But instead bumped into the red haired girl from this morning.

"Hey." Zoe slightly smiled at the girl giving her the smallest amount of comfort.

"Hi" Max returned

"How's your mom?"

"She's fine, i think? She's doing better though"

"How are you since... you know. Billy" she asked to Zoe

"I'm fine. I also think? He was like my best friend."

Zoe held back tears trying not to cry. Max saw the girls eyes water. So she did what any true friend would of done. She hugged her. She has not hugged someone in ages. It felt amazing. Especially coming from Max. All she wanted was her bestfriend back.

"Come round later?" the girl smiled

Zoe nodded at Max's invitation

"Like old times. You can see the new place."

"I'd love to"