Attacked 5

Your POV

      "Welp looks like these townspeople are screwed...Let's go," I sighed. I began to head towards the tavern but then stopped to look behind me noticing that Meliodas was still standing there staring at the struggling crowd. 

      "Uh...Are you coming?" I asked. Without a response, Meliodas looked over to the drunken guards hollering and laughing causing their spit to shoot through the air. I watched as Meliodas casually walked past the guards swiftly snatching the mugs from their hands. Meliodas took a swig from one of the mugs gulping down every last drop and then threw the other one to me.

     I barely caught the mug before staring at the brownish liquid sloshing around the mug. Slowly, I brought the cup to my lips and tasted it memorising the flavour.

      "Wow! This is pretty good even though I'm not much of a drinker," I exclaimed while downing more of the ale. Once I was done I smirked and then hurled the cup toward one of the guards leaving a nice big red bruise.

     Meliodas smiled at me and stopped in front of the sword embedded into the ground. 

      "We don't have any money on us right now...so how about we repay you with this-" Meliodas smiled as he easily pulled the sword from the ground.

      The crowd looked shocked before their emotions were quickly replaced with joy. A large contrast to the terrified guards now running away from the scene. Meliodas always helps those in need...something that I don't know if I can do. 

      A ruff-looking kid squeezes out from the crowd. I notice that he is the same kid from before so I just assume that he is also the one that started this whole mess. 

      "WOAH!!! That was amazing! Thanks for saving our village...My name is Mead by the way!" Mead gushed. 

     "No problem little man. My name is Meliodas," Meliodas responded while ruffling the boy's hair. I smile and slightly cringe at the adorableness. 

      "I feel really bad...I'm the one who caused all this. I'm just a burden to the village. I never belonged here, to begin with," Mead sniffed.

      An old woman emerged from the crowd and smiled, "Mead...you belonged here since day one. We all love and cherish you and it's our fault you feel this way. We didn't give you the love and attention you needed."

      Tears flooded from Mead's eyes as he ran to the old woman and then buried himself into her warm embrace. 

      An older man stepped forward and then offered,  "Why don't the two of you stay for a little while longer. At least for the celebration. Thanks to you two visitors we will be able to make a ton of ale." 

      Meliodas emptied the last few droplets of ale before chucking the mug behind him and then answered, "Thanks and all but I'm going to be a little late to the party I got something to do first."

     "What do you have to do anyway?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Meliodas spun around and then winked before walking away.

      "Okay...anyway...I'll be going to the celebration," I smiled.

      "Good!" the man cheered.

A few hours later(Now at the Party)

      I slowly open the door and then am immediately greeted with smiles, shouts, and hollers. I honestly don't know why I'm receiving all this praise when I'm the one who didn't even step close to the sword. In fact, I was planning on leaving them to their own devices. 

      I awkwardly smile as I am led to a round table surrounded by people with plates of food and cups of ale. 

      A man quickly raises his mug sending splashes of ale soaring out of his cup, "To the visitors!" 

      The crowd cheers and whistles as they lift their cups and repeat," To the visitors!!!" I sink deeper into my seat feeling highly uncomfortable with the praise I'm receiving for something I didn't do.

      Mead grabs my hand and drags me to a corner of the room.

      "What do you need?" I asked relaxing into the corner of the wall.

      "I don't need anything...I just taught you felt uncomfortable," Mead shrugged.

      "Thanks," I smiled. Mead looked down then smiled staring at his glass of fruit juice. We sat awkwardly in the corner for a few minutes before I broke the silence. 

      "Are you okay?" 

      "Yeah...I'm just still kinda mad about this whole thing," Mead answered.

      "How did this all happen to begin with," I questioned.

      "Well...that holy butthole came to our village and tasted our ale and insulted it. So I threw a bug into his drink," Mead explained. I burst out laughing.

      "Don't feel bad about that! I would have done the same thing," I giggled. Mead looked up and then smiled.

      Suddenly, I felt that same feeling again. Almost like the one I felt with Meliodas. Like an extreme hunger. It didn't feel as bad as when I was with Meliodas but it was still there.

      "D-do you have any food?" I asked. Mead nodded and threw over a loaf of bread. I bit into the large loaf almost devouring it but it didn't satisfy my cravings. 

      "Do you guys see that light back there?" an old drunk man asked breaking my train of thought.

      "Sit down you old drunk. There's nothing there," another man laughed. Except there was and it was approaching fast...closer and closer.

      "EVERYONE UNDER THE TABLES," I yelled as I pushed Mead down. Everyone ducked as the beam of light tore through the tavern ripping a hole straight through to the other side. Panic sunk in as everyone sprung from their own cover and began running down the street. A woman with long black hair checked out her sword as she scolded the guards from before.

      "I have more important business to attend to but the two of you still went out of your way to call me for something so minuscule and stupid," the women glared.

      "Our apologies Lady Gulia but just kill the kid and the girl while roughening up a few citizens and we will be fine," the guards cried out.

      "Ugh...seriously how can you call yourselves nights," Gulia sighed. This isn't good there're looking for us. 

      "There they are!" a guard yelled. I leap up and grab Mead's hand and then begin sprinting down the street. Why do I always find myself in these types of situations? I look back to check if the coast is clear causing me to bump into a broad large object. I look up to see another guard. There's more of them?! The guard tightly grabs my hand pulling me by my wrist. I yank my hand away trying to pull my wrist from the guard's grasp. 

      "Let her go, you blockhead!" Mead punched the guard but after receiving no response he bites the guard's hand allowing me to pull my arm away from the guard. 

      "You little brat!" the guard yelled as he kicked Mead to the side. He began kicking and punching Mead causing Mead to cough and grunt in pain. I need to help him. I know I'm not a saint but I know I'm not pure evil. For once in my sad life that I don't even remember I want to...think of someone else. I grab the sword attached to the guard's belt and slash his arm. The guard recoiled in pain as he pushed me to the ground and grabbed his sword. I scurry up and stand between Mead and the guard.

      "If you want to lay a single finger on him you have to get through me first," I glared.

      "No problem," the guard smirked. 

      "Wait hold her she can easily dodge that cheap piece of metal. I'll kill them both with one blow," Gulia interrupted. The guard grabbed both of my arms and then pinned them both behind my back. Gulia pointed her weapon at me as the ball of light at the end of her sword grew large and larger.