More Nights Off of Sleep

That night, I was walking back to the cell when I saw Yancy and Illinois arguing, again. I passed them, ignoring them both completely, and they both noticed and grew silent.

I laid down in bed when Yancy walked in. "What was that?" He asked, upset, but also concerned. "Y/N, youse isn't youses self."

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm just tired of everyone fighting over me all of the time. I'm sorry."

"Y/N, it's fine. It is just not like youse to ignore people like that. But, I, uh, I understand. That was my fault. I apologize."

"See, you apologize, but you keep doing it. You're fine, Yancy. I just need you to--" Dark suddenly appeared right next to me, causing me to jump. "Ah crap! You have to stop doing that!"

"Okay, but is youse okay? That was kind of..." Yancy trailed off, confused.

"Not you, Yancy! But also, yes, you also need to stop doing that. But I was talking to my demon."

"Oh, he's back? Does youse need me to beat him up?"

"You can't touch him, Yancy. You'll literally go right through him. Now, Dark, now is not the time."

"Fine. I'll leave. For now."

"Now, Dark-- Wait, really? ...What are you planning?"

"Oh, I'm coming back later."

"Fine. Just go." He disappeared. "Okay. As I was saying, I just don't like people fighting over me. You're fine, Yancy. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted that way towards you."

"Yeah, youse is good. I am going to bed."

"Okay. Night, Yancy," I said as he climbed to the top bunk.

"Night, Y/N," He responded.

Hours later, I was still awake in my bed, not ready for whatever nightmares Dark had for me, yet.

"Thought you wanted sleep," I suddenly heard from next to me. I quickly turned to see Dark was staring at me really close again. Seeing Dark suddenly there made me jump, though I tried to make it so that I didn't jump too much and wake Yancy up. "Woah, there. Calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I yelled in whisper. "You seriously have to stop doing that!" I paused before I answered, still whispering. "And anyways, not tonight... I just... I actually need a break from all the nightmares, though, this is just as agonizing... Is this how I'm going to be at nights for the rest of my life?"

"Technically, that's your choice-- whether you stay up some nights or not."

"That's true, I guess..."

"When will you wake up, Y/N? You have to choose sooner or later," Dark said, suddenly glitching.

"What? What are you talking about? Also, why are you glitching, suddenly? What's going on?"

"What's going on is of no concern to you. I ask the questions."

"Dark, seriously. You weren't glitching until now. Is something wrong? What are you not telling me?" I asked, not realizing that I wasn't whispering, anymore.

"If I wanted you to know, I would have told you, already!"

"Dark..." I said, now concerned. Why was I concerned? He was my demon. The one haunting me. The one preventing me from a good sleep. So, why was I so concerned? "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"That's what I always say when I'm broken. What's  wrong, Dark?!" I asked loudly, immediately covering my mouth after, realizing how loud I was.

"Y/N...? Who is Dark...?" I heard Yancy ask from above me. "And why is youse up so early...? Did youse not sleep, again...?"

"Oh, Yancy, I am so sorry I woke you up... Dark is the name of my demon."

"It's fine. Also, that thing has a name...?"

"Yeah. Dark, what is wrong?"

"We are going to my world. You are going to sleep."

"No, I'm not. You can go back to your world, but I am not doing that, tonight."

"Too late. Don't worry. You won't get any less tired than you are now."

"Then, what's the point of that?"

"It's the only way to get to my world."

"But--" I was cut off by Dark making me fall asleep.

Yancy's POV

I woke up to Y/N yelling at someone. Theys said theys name was Dark. "Y/N...? Who is Dark...?" I asked them. "And why is youse up so early...? Did youse not sleep, again...?"

"Oh, Yancy, I am so sorry I woke you up... Dark is the name of my demon," Theys told me.

"It's fine," I said, reassuring them that I didn't really mind. "Also, that thing has a name...?"

"Yeah. Dark, what is wrong?" I was a bit confused about why theys were concerned for theys demon, but I didn't ask anything. I didn't want to pry.

"No, I'm not. You can go back to your world, but I am not doing that, tonight." I listened in, but only because there was nothing else really to listen to. "Then, what's the point of that? ...But--..."

"Y/N?" Theys didn't answer, so I started to get concerned. "Y/N, is youse okay?" Once again, theys didn't answer. "Y/N! What was his name, again? Dark? Did youse just kill Y/N?!" I asked loudly.

I was met with a soft snore in response. I let out a sigh of relief. Theys wasn't dead.

But I was too loud, and I attracted Mark's attention. He rushed in, rage in his eyes. "Who killed Y/N?! Who do I--"

"No one killed them! Theys is just asleep!" I yelled while whispering. "Shush..."

"Oh... Okay," He whispered before leaving. I sighed and went back to sleep.