In Peices

I woke up and woke Yancy up to go to breakfast. He didn't seem to be sick, anymore.

We sat down at the table with the food and I looked around. I realized there was no glitching. "Glitching's gone down, wouldn't you say?" I said, starting to eat.

"What glitching? What are you talking about?" As soon as he spoke, I knew something was wrong.

I stood up and backed up a bit. "Yancy, where is your accent?" When he didn't answer, I knew something was very wrong. Suddenly, the entire cafeteria glitched into the Invisible II. "What the heck?!"

Suddenly, the entire ship fell apart into a dark room. Old Mark glitched into the room. "Where has the time gone, Captain?"

"Mark? Please, how do I fix this?" I tried to put my hands on his shoulders, but they glitches through him, as if he was some sort of hologram. He glitched out of existence and Lady appeared. I ran over to her and put my hands on her shoulders to make sure she was real. To my relief, she was.

"No, no! Get off of me!" She backed up and pointed her gun at me.

"I-I'm sorry. I was just talking to an unintelligent hologram. I don't want all my talking to be for nothing!"

"Alright! Calm down!" She dropped her gun.

"'Calm down'? 'Calm down'?! The multiverse is breaking! You of all people should know that! The multiverse is breaking and I have no clue how to fix it!" I paused, composing myself. "So, how do I fix it?"

"You have to--"

"No, no! None of this 'you have to' stuff. Cut straight to the chase! Something always happens that cuts whoever I'm talking to off! Just tell me!" Lady opened her mouth to say something, but Illinois woke me up. "Come on! I was about to figure out how to fix everything! Again!"

"Sorry..."

"It's fine. What do you want?"

"You said you saw glitching last night?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Yeah, I saw a lot of glitching..."

"You said you experienced glitching before you, uh..."

"Yeah."

"How do you know it's not just that?"

"That glitching was in my head. This glitching is actually there. I don't know. Maybe it's a mixture of both." We sat for a few seconds, neither of us knowing what to say. "I, uh... I went to the medical area," He said, breaking the silence. "Like you said to. Turns out--" Suddenly, the room glitched into a lot of different rooms, waking Yancy up. "What was that?" Illinois asked when the room returned to normal. I stood up and opened my drawer. "What are you doing?"

"Preparing," I said, pulling out the dagger that Wilford gave me. "Haven't held this for a while..."

"Preparing for what?"

"With all the glitching, it's dangerous. Anything can happen."

"Youse is going to get in trouble with that..." His voice was back to normal.

"Cool. You're better. Or at least less sick. Also, obviously I'm going to keep it hidden." I put it in my abnormally large pocket. "Now, let's go to breakfast. Also, Yancy, how do you feel?"

"A lot better. Is youse ready?"

"Yeah. I'm hungry. We'll talk about the multiverse breaking at the table." Yancy nodded, climbing down from his bed.