Chapter 6: Entering Battle Phase

Act for what's right, even if society will strive to take away your life.

"So... how is everyone gonna get on?"

"I should have enough room for five Pokémon to hop on my back. Is that Milotic an ally of yours? If so, this will be tricky."

"Yeah. I'm with 'em. Y'all got a river or somethin' so I can follow along?"

"There isn't a body of water that connects to Tango, sadly."

"Well, shit."

"I DO see a workaround, though. Surely you can think alike?"

Confused about Salamence's remark, Milotic surveys the surrounding terrain for any alternative routes. She then turns to Espeon and Gardevoir for analysis, and after a few seconds of thought, her mind starts to click.

"Hey, girls! How strong is y'all's combined telekinesis?"

"Oh? Um, we haven't really thought about it. Are you maybe asking us to lift you up?"

"Your size is quite large. I can lift inanimate objects no problem, but I have yet to carry a Pokémon like you, dear Milotic."

"Oi... I'm not fat, ya know."

"No no no, not in that way, sweetie! I'm saying that it's new to me. But we can certainly give it a try! Right, Gardevoir?"

"You're not wrong, Espeon. Double telekinetic strength is insurance that Milotic would be lifted safely."

"Well then, why don't we do this: after us other five take a seat, you and I will merge our powers to carry Milotic along. Twice the concentration will go a long way!"

"I like the idea. Gardevoir, will you lend Espeon a hand?"

"I'll do it, Mawile! Leave it to me!"

"Sweet! Espeon, we're counting on you two."

"Any time, dear!"

"Um, question?"

"Huh? What is it, Meloetta?"

"Will Pikachu wake up from all this? We're going to need his help, too..."

"He'll be okay. Pikachu just needs more time. Granted, since the general offered us an express flight, it may not be enough. In that case, we'll just protect him."

"I sure hope so."

"Before you both do the lift, though, it's best to pass Pikachu's body to me. No one will have to worry about losing his grasp mid-flight."

"Are you able to keep your balance while doing so?"

"This is standard for military personnel like us. No matter the branch, we receive this exact kind of training, so it's all good."

"If you insist..."

A small pause of silence fills the air until Salamence breaks the mold.

"Is that the Shaman of Origin among your ranks, or am I just hallucinating?"

"Yep! She's the real deal. You see the scar on her eye?"

"I do, yeah. Must have been painful."

The Aeras general diligently inspects the damage on Meloetta's scar, searching for the most probable source of impact. Believing it to be a slashing motion, Salamence ponders on potential suspects.