Chapter 2: Meet the guys

There is a stage and rows of seats filled with soldiers and reporters all there for the ceremony.
General: "recruits all of you came here as children today you have grown well beyond the expectations set for you and have shown great honor and vigilance. know it's time to bestow the medal and ranks on our comrades that have gone above and beyond the call of duty.!"
He reaches for the medals and calls names.

———

While my dad was giving his speech I managed to sneak in to sit down next to the two guys that left me hanging "Hey miss me" I say to Ignácio
"Hombre, what took you so long Lina almost broke the house when she saw we were late,"
"We'll maybe it had to do with the fact that I was caught up with my dad thanks to my 'friends' ditching me"
"Lo Siento, we didn't want to but we had to hurry our sister is scarier than your dad and she loves us"
"Where is she anyway?"
"Angelina Madrigal!"

———————

There is a beautiful woman in her twenties with brownish green eyes and brown curly hair tied up in a bun wearing a female uniform and hat except hers is with pants. Standing by the general waiting for him to continue.
"You joined this war as a medic only to end up fighting as a soldier and rescuing many a prisoner. Which is my great pleasure to present this Medal of Honor as well as the rank of 1st sergeant may you continue to make your family and comrades proud"
As she received her award and turns to face the audience there was applause and cheers as well as a few camera flashes but they aren't who she was smiling at. there in the masses, she spotted her brothers and Mateo along with Andreas clapping and smiling at her with pride. She goes to sit back in her chair. As the ceremony continues. "Javier Madrigal! I bestow this medal in honor of your outstanding Valore, numerous retrieves, rescues, and combat tactics. Along with the rank of sergeant"
"Ignácio Madrigal, this medal is in honor of your combat skills, and quick thinking as well as promoted to corporal"
"Now last but not least Sergeant first class Mateó Mondragón! This medal is for your accomplishments in the war the lives you saved, the enemies you stopped and the world you helped free! Now it is with great import I also bestow the rank of the first sergeant"

——————————
Time Skip

After the award ceremony was done everyone got their medals and ranks. There was also a time of mourning for the fallen heroes.

Mateo's Pov
I stare down at my plaque that tells me my new rank 'I did it. I finally got the chance to be a soldier in a war, and now I get to start a new chapter in my life with the help of my friends and family I just hope dad...'
"Mateó "
I turned and saw my father riding up to me on El Tevo.
'Speak of the devil'
"Oh p-commander, what's..."
"First. Congratulations! you'll make a fine sergeant" he said with pride.
"Thanks," I said with a bit of a strained smile "but I get the feeling you have more to say"
"As you know we are moving to México"
"Of course, we're looking forward to seeing the town you grew up in,"
"Yes, however, we won't just be living there,"
'Uh oh, I think I know where this is going. So long new life'
"As you know there is a lot of damage left from the war that needs to be taken care of. as well as a few loose ends to attend"
"Oh yeah like healing the prisoners, building houses, or.."
"What I mean is that when we arrive in San Ángel we will be on a mission"
"How long?"
"Hopefully not too long we just need to secure some artifacts, and ensure they arrive safely while also being examined"
"Do the others know as well?"
"Yes they do and they're okay with the tasks. besides, they still get to see San Angel just not as much as before"
"Okay so after this last mission I can resign"
"What?"
"Look papa I know you have been a soldier for twenty years but Im already a superhero and I want to do something else..."