-Chapter 1-

A/N

🄴🄳🄸🅃🄴🄳

Please Rate and Comment I will appreciate it darlings😌
______________________________________________

Please Rate and Comment I will appreciate it darlings😌______________________________________________

Life is not as simple as people claim it to be. There are battles to fight, monsters lurking in the shadows, and the worst part is...your past hunts you down until there's nothing left.

Long ago, my life was miserable. He took my happiness, my innocence. He made me turn into the thing I never wanted to become. He made me afraid.

He's the reason I've become insecure. He was the reason I wanted to leave my home in order to be happy and free. He, the individual who subjected me to unspeakable agony.

He was my father.

Valencia D'mitri is my full name, but my friends call me Vale. I am currently enrolled at NYU, my dream college. It wasn't an easy path to take but I walked through it anyways. Even if it was difficult to get back up after my traumatic childhood, I'm up and happier than ever. 

Beep beep... Beep Beep Beep Beep

 I stay in the same position not trying to wake up, but I keep hearing the same sound coming from the annoying clock that I had been gifted last Christmas.

I open my eyes lazily to see what time it was and sighed. 10 more minutes wouldn't hurt anybody.

Getting annoyed just listening to it beep over and over again, successfully waking me up. I slowly open my eyes, raising my hand to silence the alarm.

I look over to my nightstand, seeing that it was already 4:30 am.

I stand up from my bed and proceed to the bathroom. As I undress in front of the mirror, I see the deep, long scar I've come to despise.

It has always served as a reminder of what I had to endure as a child. It served as a reminder that I was too weak. And young to fight or protect my mother from my father.

Shaking away the bad memories. I brush my teeth before heading to the shower. Once inside, I turn on the warm water and simply let the water run over my body, carrying all of my thoughts with it.

I hadn't seen my mother in about three years, so I wanted to surprise her by paying her a visit. When I was 18, I moved to New York. I had always hoped to get into NYU, and thankfully I did. She was initially opposed to my departure, but after much persuasion, she came around.

I walk into my closet, aside from the kitchen, this has to be one of my favorite parts of the house. After looking around, I decided on a comfortable outfit because I'd be sitting on the plane for a few hours. I dress in white comfortable shirt and grey sweatpants. I paired the outfit with some white shoes that I had in my closet for such occasions. Knowing that it might be cold outside, I put on a grey sweater I had taken from one of my guy friends.

I return to the bathroom and tie my hair up in a messy bun. I step outside and grab my suitcase and car keys. I walk down the stairs, turn off all the lights, and head to my car, which is parked in the driveway.

I quickly connect my phone to the car. I never leave the house without blasting music at full volume. After 5 minutes of unsure what to play, My boo by Usher and Alicia Keys starts playing. It takes about an hour to get there, so I needed something to keep me occupied and entertained in the meantime.

I sang my way to the airport, I didn't have any fucks to give. People in other cars and people walking by at stop lights gave me strange looks. But I was too entertained to care.

When I arrive at the airport, I park my car somewhere. Melanie and Damian will come later today to pick it up.

I'm not a big fan of airports and it's because I somehow always get lost.  Already at my gate, I take a seat and chill for the most part. I take this time to look around and see that the airport was packed. 

I spot a Starbucks right away. I could really use a coffee right now. No coffee, no me. 

 I stand up and leave my belongings behind. I feel my phone vibrate as I walk, so I pull it out to check. It came from my boy best friend Damian, with whom I've been friends for a few months. I met him at a cafe down the street from my house, and we've been friends ever since. He was just telling me about his relationship problems with his partner.

Damian: Hey boo, I hope you have a safe flight. I'm still upset you didn't bring me with you but it's ok since I'm not inviting you to Hawaii 😉

Me: I'm so sorry. It's that you have been busy with work, and you know your boyfriend doesn't like me, so I didn't want to make it worse by taking you with me and leaving him all alone.

Damian: There is no excuse, Valencia. Plus, Dave can go suck someone else's dick🙄

His boyfriend never really liked me, he always thought Damian was into me. I could not see myself with him. Yes, he was attractive, ladies would drool over him and not know he's gay.

I'm about to respond when I run into someone. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry I wasn't looking," I say as I take a step back to get a better look at them. At that point, I noticed his hand had wrapped around my waist.

"Watch where the fuck you're going," the man before me says taking his arm back in disgust.

Well damn ok.

He appears to be about 6'4 tall, with tattoos on his arms and neck and black hair landing right above his eyes. In my opinion, he was attractive as fuck.

Lord if this is your doing, thank you for hearing my prayers. Not his attitude though. It makes me want to deck him.

Okay, thoughts aside, who the fuck did he think he was talking to me like that.

"You better lose that attitude of yours because bumping into you was simply an accident that could've easily have happened to any other person," I said pointing my finger at him.

 I see his eyes staring back at me. They were a stunning shade of green. They were stunning in comparison to my brown ones.

Valencia stop it he's being a dick.

I notice a man approaching us out of the corner of my eye. He was also attractive. He was the same height as the guy in front of me, with light blue eyes and blond loose curls that fell just below his brows as well

Honestly, he was giving Goldilocks vibes.

"Hey, Silas is this the right gate? That lady over there told me they changed it due to the plane not being re-" he stopped talking as soon as he saw me.

"And who might this be?" He says stretching his arm for me to shake " I'm Alexander but you can call me your future husband anytime," he winked.

I shake his hand trying not to laugh at what he had just said.

"I'm Valencia, nice to meet you, Alexander," I say taking my hand back.

"Feelings are mutual. Where are you headed off to?" I now look up to see Silas looking at Alexander with an irritated look.

"Well, I-"

"Let's get going. We don't have time to talk to low lives" he says, his voice slightly annoyed.

In disbelief, I look up at him. Alexander, perhaps sensing my growing rage, turned him around and began to walk away.

I begin to walk away when I hear Alexander yell from behind me, "Bye Valenciaaaaaa!!!"

I turn around only to see him waving like a crazed man.

"Bye Alex," I chuckle and wave back.
With that, I proceed to Starbucks.