𝟎𝟏 - 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?With every guitar string scar on my handI take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover

With every guitar string scar on my hand
I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover

My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue

All's well that ends well to end up with you
Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover
And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me
And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover

My voice rang loud as I sang Lover by Taylor Swift while curling the ends of my long, black hair. It was now 6:30 AM with the outside city starting to wake up with vibrant sounds. I had to be at my job at precisely 8:30 since a new student would be arriving. I work as a Pre-school teacher and it's my absolute favorite thing in the world. Making children happy each day will always put a smile on my face.

"Val, are you ready?" Calista poked her head out of the door and her blonde hair cascaded down. "Give me like 7- SHIT. It's 8:00." I hurried to get ready fast as Calista ran to get her essentials for work. I've got my backpack, papers, pencils, laptop, and more. "C'mon Val! We're gonna be late!" Calista yelled from the front room as I put my black heels on.

Calista and I have been very close friends since we were 2. Our parents met in high school, which means that we were raised as cousins instead of friends. We rushed down to the street and got into her car. Setting the seatbelt over my body, I took a deep breath just to try and get relaxed before work. Calista did the same action and turned the car on.

"Good-morning class! How's everyone doing today?" My hands clapped as I tried to cheer up the tiresome children

"Good-morning class! How's everyone doing today?" My hands clapped as I tried to cheer up the tiresome children. Most of them grumbled a polite response as I mentally giggled. "If the entire class is good by the end of the day, I will repay everyone with a jolly rancher!" Every single child stood up with excitement until the class phone was heard ringing. "Take your coloring books out of your desks while I'm on the phone!" My hand made its way onto the phone as I picked it up and set it on my ear. "Ms. Perez class, how can I help you?"