𝟎𝟑 - 𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

I looked up and saw Xavier running into the classroom

I looked up and saw Xavier running into the classroom. A man walked in behind him. He wore NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. THIS CAN NOT BE HAPPENING. XAVIER IS CHRISTOPHER'S SON? As in my childhood crush's son?

"Good morning, Ms. Valerie! My Papa is here to meet you!" Xavier ran to hug me while I looked up at Chris. His eyes widely stared at mine. "It's nice to finally meet you, Ms. Valerie." Chris stuck his hand out to me and I accepted the handshake. "It's a pleasure, sir." An always silence filled our conversation. "Do you mind if we talk after class is over?" Christopher said as we made eye contact again.

"Sure."

I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper ringsUh-huh, that's rightDarling, you're the one I want, andI hate accidents except when we went from friends to thisUh-huh, that's rightDarling, you're the one I wantIn paper rings, in picture fra...

Uh-huh, that's right
Darling, you're the one I want, and
I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this
Uh-huh, that's right
Darling, you're the one I want
In paper rings, in picture frames, in dirty dreams
Oh, you're the one I want

"Enjoy your weekends, my ducklings!" I screamed out as all the kids waved goodbye to me as they met up with their parents. Xavier had my hand curled in his as we waited for Christopher's arrival. I haven't spoken to him in almost 8 years and this is where I finally meet him at? Life is crazy.

"I see Papa! I see him, Ms. Valerie!" Xavier jumped up and down as a sexy Christopher made his way to us. Xavier ran to his Dad and hugged his leg. His gaze went directly from his son to me as I stood like a deer in the headlights. "So, how have you been? You look great since the last time I've seen you." He slapped his hand out as if he was making a joke and I laughed. "Honestly, pretty well. Being away from the family taught me a lot about myself and what I wanted career-wise. How've you been since the last time?" I chuckled as Xavier was slowly picked up by Christopher and he started swinging him like a baby monkey.

"Well, now I'm a full-time businessman with a small baby monkey that comes around every minute or so." Xavier let a laughing scream out as Christopher swung him back and forth. "Yes, a very handsome baby monkey." The laughing fit slowly went down as Xavier cuddled into his Fathers arms. "Looks like the baby monkey is tired and ready for a nap, aren't ya?" Xavier slowly nodded into Chris's neck. "I'll let you guys go for now. It was nice catching up with you, Chris!" Before I could walk away, Chris pulled my hand gently and looked into my eyes. "What's your number? I would love to keep talking to you if that's okay?"

"YOU GOT HIS NUMBER?!" Calista yelled as I rolled my eyes at her excitement

"YOU GOT HIS NUMBER?!" Calista yelled as I rolled my eyes at her excitement. She shrieks as she runs over to me to give me the biggest hug ever. "Oh my god! I've been dreaming about this day since we were 10. You were so in love with him." Calista dances around the living room as if she dancing with her Prince Charming. "Honestly, I'm not getting my hopes up too high. He probably has a Wife since he has a son. Tough times man." I sunk into my hand as I inhaled and exhaled.

DING

My phone vibrated in my hand as I opened my phone again to see a distinct text that caught my eye.

(***) *** - ****

Hello Valerie Diane Perez, I've come to warn you about your car insurance deal with https://YourMom.com

I let out an ugly laugh as I reread the text over and over again. I knew it was Christopher being stupid so I played along.

!!TEXT CONVERSATION STARTS NOW!!

Christopher

I must know quickly so that I can delete you from our customers' list.

Valerie

Well hello to you too, Christopher Paolo Jimenez. What could you possibly want right now during this late-night text?

Christopher

I just wanted to say thank you for being the best teacher to Xavier. He's never warmed up to someone so quickly as he did with you. I was also wondering what you are doing this Saturday?

Valerie

I love teaching Xavier! He's such a handsome and caring boy. I'm not doing anything on Saturday. Why are you asking?

Christopher

I was wondering if we could meet up at a coffee shop just to catch up. It's fine if you don't feel comfortable with it at all. I just want to catch up and just have a splendid old time.

Valerie

Damn, you still text like an old man, and yes! I would love to catch up this weekend:)

Christopher

I'll send you various types of shops around here If you want to look at them. I cannot wait to see you again.

If it isn't the consequences of my actions...

Word Count: 839 Words

Started: June 30, 2022

Ended: