you think you know me?

I was sitting in Davids room, doodling on a sheet of paper while lying across his pearl white bed. The sheet I was laying above was silky smooth and had a comforting shine to it.

   I herd the door open, thinking it was David, I smiled and glanced up. The smile faded from my lips as I saw Kevin walk in with a serious expression. He wondered towards the bed and sat at the edge of it.

"You know, cutting isn't the answer" he said.

  I groaned in annoyance. Is he really still on about that? I thought to myself.

"Who said I was cutting?" I asked.

"My blade from my razor is missing!" He hollered.

"That doesn't mean anything! Maybe it fell down the drain!" I hollered back.

He grabbed me and forced me to sit up. His hands quickly yanked up my shirt, only making it up my stomach before I pushed his hand away and let the shirt fall down.

"What do you think your doing?!" I demanded.

He ignored my question and grabbed the sleeve of the shirt I was wearing (the sleeve went up to the middle of my arm, above my elbow) and yanked it up, revealing the scarred work of art I had done.

"This isn't the answer!" He yelled.

"Who said I was looking for an answer?! You think I'm doing this for an answer?! Your sadly mistaken!" I hollered before sliding off the bed, only for him to grab my arm.

"Then what are you doing it for?!"

"Because I deserve it, dammit!" I snapped.

   The room fell quiet. I ripped my arm from his grip and began walking towards the door. Before I could open the door I was pulled back by arms that wrapped around my waist.

It felt... Comforting. Like the cool silk sheets. I felt fuzzy inside and had the urge to press back against the solid object behind me.

   I turned around and saw kevin, a head taller than me. He could set his chin right on my head. Kevin had tears in his eyes. Why, though? Was it because of me?

   "You don't deserve it! Why would you say that?!" He asked, his voice cracking. I herd an accent as he spoke. I'm not sure of what but I herd it.

    I didn't answer. Instead I asked "why do you even care?"

He still had his arms around my waist. I kept my arms at my side.

" because I know someone who thought the same thing." He answered before pulling me even closer to his chest. It was warm but hard yet soothing. I turned my head to the side as my face got closer to his body, so my cheek was the part that made contact with his collar bone, softly.

   "Well that was someone else. Not me. Again, why would you care? Just earlier you wanted me out the house"  I mumbled.

"That was before I knee why you acted the way you do." He replied.

That was the trigger. That's what made me break down and cry into his chest. He gently rubbed my back before sliding his hands to the back of my thighs and lifting me up. I buried my face into his shoulder as he walked back over to the bed and lied the both of us down above the smooth, silky sheets. I continued crying into his chest as he gently rubbed my back.

   I began quieting down as I slowly fell asleep. The last thing I herd was a soothing voice say,

"I'm here for you."