nul.

DANIELLE CADWELL was a well-educated girl, none ever in doubt of her manners and politeness. Wise like an image, she never crossed the boundaries settled by her parents during her youngers years. In fact, she always grew up with them and never tried bringing the topic up on the table. The tyres of the car were growling on the road as snow fell hard on the tarmac that smoothen the said road.

She was cold in this car. Her parents didn't talk, and the brunette remembered each of her days living in the big Indiana Polis. She didn't know what was coming for her, neither did she be aware of everything that happened in Hawkins, the city she was heading to live in. However, what she was well-aware of was the death stare coming from her father.

Was it really her fault?

"Frank, it's unnecessary to give her the silent treatment and, furthermore, a death stare. What would it change for you ? You got your car to move to Indiana Polis. Work won't change, nothing will except our socials, which," her mother paused. "Isn't that big already?"

Her father sighed and reinforced his grip on the wheel and didn't dare give a reply. Laura was right, he knew it. That didn't change his opinion about the current situation. Hawkins. In twenty years, he hasn't seen that little town in Indiana. He stopped maybe once or twice to spend the night and put gas in his car. Besides, he cared little to nothing for Hawkins.

"Mom, how long will it be?" asked Danny with shining eyes. "Not long, honey. We're almost there.", she checked the map. "Getting through the woods for twenty minutes, and we're done with the road. Our house is nearby the Wheelers, according to the property agent," she finished with a smile on her face.

***

And mom has been indeed right. Moving boxes here and there, Danielle stared at the queue of houses following each other in perfect lines. From there, she witnessed a group of boys on their bicycles. The house was rather big, smaller than their flat in Indiana Polis, though. However, this one felt... Homey and Danny appreciated that. She wasn't a fan of the modern boxes she had seen throughout her life.

They were a day prior to school. A day. Not enough time to allow her settling in. Nothing, for a fact. Laura told her not to worry, that she'd have enough time after her classes to unbox her stuff. But Danielle was bad at keeping a certain pace to complete tasks, and God knows how that affected her notes during eighth grade.

"You can go upstairs if you want to. Your dad and I will unpack the rest. The movers as well," she caught from her mother with her rough Scottish accent.

Doing as being told, Danielle went upstairs and discovered her room. Classic shades of purple and blue, just as she had wished. She laid on the bed for a bit, staring at the ceiling.

A day prior to school.

Anxiety rose‌, but didn't bother restraining her from falling asleep.