one: walking on mom doing drugs, again

⚠ child neglect, drug abuse, mention of sex, description of after sex, mention of nudity, alcohol, small swearing ⚠

998 words

It's the same every day, well, every school day. none-school days are a little different but the complete same as any other day. I wake up, sometimes help my mom get ready, go to school, and get my ass beat in the hallways, or on weekends I go straight to work, then after school, I change clothes in the girl's bathroom and go straight to work.

but I hate going home knowing what I will face, even though it's a daily thing and I'm used to it. but there is a small part of me that thinks it will magically change one day.

 I stand Infront of my run-down apartment building, dreading going into the place I am meant to call my home. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I am immediately hit with the smell of vomit, beer, drugs, and sex. I walk over to the beer bottles and my mom's naked dealer, my poor virgin eyes. my mom is on the couch, I have no idea if she is naked or not. she was covered in a blanket with vomit all over it. I pinch my nose to avoid the smell.

I rush to my room, the cleanest room here, and clean the apartment up. I throw the beer bottle away and scrap the dried vomit and scoop up the slimy vomit. I drag her dealer out the door naked, leaving him exposed to everyone in the other hall. I stand over my mother, pondering if I should leave her here or drag her possibly, naked body, to her room. 

I lift the blanket, " whoa!" I throw the blanket on her face. " Hell. Naw. bitch!" I run to my room and slam the door shut. no matter how many times this happens, I can never get over how many Hickies are on her body. does she ever think of what I would see if she was naked on the ground? I shake my head, grabbing my book bag, I set down on my crappie-looking chair at my even more crappie desk. 

I found it in a junkyard just outside of the city and dragged it home. I used duct tape to fix it. I did an excellent job, pat on the back for me. I do my homework and study for the test that coming up, it might be my only ticket to get into Gotham academy. Next week Bruce Wayne is coming over and the whole school is taking a test. whoever gets a high score can come to Gotham academy with a full Schouler ship. it would be nice to rub it in Jackie's face.

she can't pass shit. unless you're talking about blow jobs, the teachers love her.

I'm torn from my work from a yell. I stayed in my place, then continued my work. but another yell broke out from outside. the tip of my pencil froze on my work page. I can't even finish the word 'the' when I can hear batman's voice. I run to my window and open it. the cold air hit me in the face. In the ally way just below my window, batman is beating a man to a plump as a woman runs away. the side of her skirt is ripped, and intense guilt hit me. man, I'm so fucking worthless. a yell here always means something bad.

I'm broken from my guilt trance by my mother, groaning very loudly. I shut my window as batman looks up to my window and rushed to my mother. she is on the floor, butt naked. she rolls to her side when I pull her up. she puts all her weight on me, which isn't much, and I lead her to her room. she falls onto the bed as I avoid looking at her body. I get some sleepwear for her and slip it on her as quickly as possible.

I nearly threw up as I caught sight of her vagina. I rush to the bathroom with a wet rag. I held it to her. I'm not cleaning my mother like that. she whines at me as she snatches the rag and wipes herself. she goes to throw it at my head, but I catch it by the untouched part. I gag and throw it into her overflowing laundry basket. when I look back at my mother, she already pulled her shorts up and snuggled into her pillow. I look at the clock I put in my mom's room. '8:36' 

thank nugget it's a Friday night, I have a lot of work to do. I leave my mother's room and head to mine. I finished my work by 10:30. after that, I change into leggings and a robin sweater that an old boyfriend of my mom's got me for my birthday. it is cozy and warm, perfect for Gotham's cold and rainy weather. I go into the kitchen and do the dishes and make myself a turkey sandwich. I make a grocery list and throw away any expired food or anything that was left out, total waste of money. I count the money from my last paycheck and look for my mom's check in the mail. She works at a club, I think she a stripper but she never really told me what she does. I stuff it in my room for groceries. I'm NOT using my OWN money for food, hell no.

I check the calendar on the fridge, 

Friday-moms check

Saturday-laundry and groceries

Sunday- extra shift

I rubbed my face; I'm not too fond of Sunday nights. I snuggle into my bed and look out the window. the moon is beaming down on Gotham, with no stars to keep it company. it's so gloomy and sad. I roll over and close my eyes, not seeing robin jump roofs alongside batman and red robin. Like a flock of baby birds following the mother.