Four: the boys'

2016 words.

edited

We sat silently in the car. Jim told him everything and to make sure I'm never alone in public or just keep me inside the manor until everything is settled. I don't blame Jim, but it's still embarrassing. I'm living with him now and now he knows about my situation. Bruce thankfully didn't look at me like I was a fool, but I know he has that look any parent would have for a child. It's only natural he rushed me out of there and made sure none one touched me as paparazzi were rushing over. bruce wrapped his jacket around my face so no one knows who I am.

The ride to the manor isn't long, only five minutes, but it felt like five hours. Bruce tried to start a conversation, but he clearly saw  I didn't what to talk. I know I have to get over this by tomorrow, I can't live in his home acting like this.

" we're here." Bruce broke me from my blank thoughts.

I get out of the limo and look at the manor in awe. It is big and honestly looks like two-pointed bat ears. the brick is brown, and it clearly looks like a manner that has been passed down. But of course, it has been changed to a more modern security. the gate is highly secured, and I know there are probably hundreds of cameras wrapping around the whole place.

Bruce gently tapped my shoulder. I looked up at him without flinching. I can't tell if he was surprised or not. He leads me to the front doors. He puts in the code and the door clicks.

" Welcome," he says just before he opens the door. 

We walk into a big entrance. there is a massive stairs case in the middle of the room, leading to the second floor. A man, in his seventies, walked down the stairs.

"Welcome home Master Wayne. Is this Miss Ford?" he looks at me like he already knew.

" Yes, Alfred. Clair this is Alfred. He's the butler and a long family friend. I have my youngest son home, though he is in school for the moment. You should meet him soon and my other adopted sons. Besides Jason, you already meet him." Bruce fixed his jacket.

" I'm sorry but I have a business meeting to attend, I'll see you at dinner, and tell me if Damian gives you a bad time." He patted me on the shoulder as a goodbye to me and Alfred.

I turned to Alfred, "Can we drink something while you explain all this to me?" 

" Of course, would tea be good, Miss Ford?" he spoke walking up the stairs with me following.

"I don't like tea; de-chaffed coffee should be fine if you will. And please, just call me Clair."

" Okay, miss ford." 

I went to correct him but I held back, it is not a good idea to fight butlers. I remember when my bitch ass mom was drunk and was telling me about a butler she tried to order around. I don't if she was exaggerating or not but the guy sounded scary.

I didn't even notice we got to the kitchen until he put the de-chafed coffee in Infront of me.

" You can use the kitchen whenever you what besides mealtimes. You can be banned. If you see Bruce in here trying to cook something, stop him he is banned for life." I laughed a little at the annoyed look he had when he mentioned Bruce.

" You will be going to school with Damien, he is only fifteen, and fair warning, he is a grumpy brat twenty-four-seven. You will see Tim often, but he is in college, so you won't be running into him in the mourning. Jason comes around from time to time when it's not family night or other family activities. And dick visits every day. at this point he basically lives here he just sleeps somewhere else." He rolls his eyes.