Lonely [angst]

This takes place in a timing where Bambi hadn't met Dave yet.

-
Suggestion from
Sold_Hckingng

The short farmer sat on the green grass, waiting for someone to appear.
Nobody had ever interacted with him before, but he had hope that one day someone would.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps in the grass approaching him from far away. Someone was there.
Bambi felt a bit uneasy but excited at the same time, will someone finally talk to him?

He thought for awhile, but it only made his hopes go down by each thought. First he thought it maybe someone, then an animal, and then someone who would probably just ignore him. He stopped thinking when he heard the thing closer, and closer, and closer.
His eyes widened a bit and his eyebrows made his face form a frightened expression. One half of his brain thought it was someone friendly, but the other half thought, "danger approaches you."

Bambi quickly got up from his spot and silently ran behind a tree, trying his best to hide, though he was still peaking from behind, curious to what the "thing" was.

Finally, he saw it. It was nothing but a slim guy passing by. He had blue pants and a blue shirt, brown hair, and carried himself around with a black wheelchair.
Before Bambi could come out from behind the tree, it was already too late. The man had already left.

The poor and lonely farmer frowned in disappointment, but only in himself. He had the chance to possibly talk to someone, yet, he missed this chance. This chance to finally talk to someone, a chance to finally make a friend, but he missed it.

"I just want someone to be here with me."

Tears began to come out from the farmer. His heart felt such a pain, it was heart shattering, truly pityful. He wanted to scream loudly and curse out his bad luck, he couldn't bare this loneliness any longer.

.
.
.

Dave, a slim man in a wheelchair, with brown hair and fake legs, had decided to go out for a "ride" outside. While he passed by place, he admired the wonderful sceneries; the trees, the spring flowers, ect, but what strangely really caught his eye was a corn field he saw ahead. He decided to go towards that direction, but stopped a bit when he heard something move. He turned his head around to see if anyone was there, but it was no success.

He shrugged his shoulders with a confused expression and continued moving on forward.
He passed by the corn field, a bit surprised since he'd never really seen one before. He stayed still for about a minute or so, and continued on, until he heard a noise again.

He turned his wheelchair around and to his surprise, he saw a short guy, with the appearance of a farmer. The guy has some blue overalls and a red shirt underneath, but his facial expression seemed very disappointed. Though he had never seen this short fellow before, he felt some pity.

He moved his wheelchair towards where the guy was, slowly, and gave him a pityful smile, though his eyebrows still showed a sad expression.

"Are you okay?" He said with a calm and comfortable tone of voice.
Bambi turned around in surprise to see the man he had previously seen pass by. He wiped his tears away with his right arm, and stared at the man for a few seconds.
Then, he took a deep breath, and shyly replied saying, "I'm lonely. Nobody ever comes to visit this place, and even if they do, they completely ignore my existence."

Hearing this shattered Dave's heart. He felt bad for the guy.
He thought for awhile, and smiled to the short farmer.

"Can I help cure that feeling of loneliness then?"

Bambi stood there silently on shock. He frown slowly turned into a smile. He took Dave's hands, finally replying with an excited, "Yes!"

"RING RING RING"
the alarm scared Bambi so much it made him jump a bit in the bed.

His heart started thumping rapidly, but stopped after a few seconds.
He had realized that everything that could have been a wish come true, was just a dream.
A damned dream.

"Oh."