Chapter 1: first change

~Alexander: age 15~
My mom and I were excited when my brother joined the police force this year. He was able to send my father to jail right then and there. We went home and celebrated. That night I was able to sleep without the fear of my dad waking me up with a slap to the face or something else in my face.
I woke up that morning well-rested and energetic. I felt better not having my father around. Mom was in the kitchen making pancakes and was humming to a song on the radio as she cooked. I sat down and ate a piece of bacon that was on the table and just relaxed enjoying the smell of bacon and maple syrup. My mom put three pancakes on my plate and smiled. I was happy to see my mom smiling. I then began to eat the pancakes. They had melted in my mouth this was the first time in a very long time I had eaten pancakes. I ate all of the ones on my plate like I was starving and mom had put more and I ate those too. I ate till I couldn't eat anymore. I had gotten up from my seat at my table and felt dizzy but I brushed it off and just got up to fast. I walked back to my room and grabbed a book out of its hiding spot and began to read when my eyes started to hurt a little I put the book down and closed my eyes but without noticing I had fallen asleep. I woke up around five in the afternoon. I walked into the living room when my mom said " Hunny your eyes look different what happened" I looked at her confused. I walked into the bathroom when I looked in the mirror I was shocked and I stubbled backward. My eyes were bright green and blue with a wolf-like pupils. I was confused and scared.