{Chapter 26}

-HER ROLE IN CREW-

It was evening when Kei was sitting on Merry go's lower deck, beside the door of the storage room, leaning her back against the wooden wall. Her legs stretched forward and one foot over the other. In her hand was a book with a dark green cover. The wall behind her gave shade that was protecting her from the sun's rays.

Robin was near the mast, sitting on a beach chair with also a book in her hand. Whereas Zoro was sleeping while leaning against the railings of the ship. Snores could be heard and a snort bubble was coming out of his nose.

Usopp was sitting beside Kei, on a long piece of mat. Many different things were scattered here and there while he worked on ideas for his next attacks.

"Na Usopp~, let's play, I'm booored~."
Luffy whined while crouching beside Usopp.

"Not now, I'm working here." Usopp denied it without looking up.

That's when Luffy saw Sanji walking towards the kitchen, "Sanji! Let's play!"

"Huh? Can't, I have work to do. And what will you even play on such a hot day?"

Sanji asked, looking down at him with his hands on the railings. He was just wearing his blue shirt whose sleeves were rolled up and the black tie on his neck was loosened.

"Hmm, eating competition!!"

"Play something cheap, you idiot!"

Sanji said while going to the kitchen and closing the door behind his back, leaving a pouting Luffy behind. Whereas Kei had already finished the book she was reading and she closed it with a sigh of contentment. " Finally finished with this book."

"That means you're free?"

She turned her head to see Luffy crouching beside her and looking at her with a look of anticipation. "That depends on what you're gonna say next."

"Let's play!!"

"Play what?" She asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Hmmm, Tag!"

"No."

"Eeeeh~! Why not?!" Luffy whined with slumped shoulders.

"I don't want to run around the deck in such hot weather. Pick something else that does not include me moving around." Kei flatly said while placing the book down, beside her.

"Does that include Sumo wrestling?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Why would you wanna play Sumo wrestling with me.......?" Kei sweat-dropped.

"What's wrong with Sumo wrestling?" Luffy asked innocently with a tilt of his head, really clueless.

"Nevermind. " She said with a wave of her hand, "And yeah, that includes Sumo wrestling as well."

"What about the game where swing each other in the air and see who can go the highest?" Luffy suggested as if that was the greatest idea he could come up with.

"What even is that game.....? And no, not that game either. Choose something that we can play with while sitting."

Luffy seemed to think about it a little when an imaginary blub suddenly lighted above his head and he snapped his fingers." What about Ludo?!" He suggested with an excited grin.