{CHAPTER 2}

-START OF THE CHASE-

Kei was sprawled on the sand, near the huge tree , tired from all the things that happened in just a few hours. Closing her eyes for a brief moment, she took a deep breath.

I'm so tired.....

Her eyes opened to look at the rustling leaves of the tree above her, it's shade protecting her face a bit from the harsh rays of the sun.

The waving and rustling of the leaves caused by the wind, and the voice of the waves of sea lapping against each other helped in calming her mind a bit. A thoughtful look was present on her face.

I'm very sure that I slept in my own bed, so how in the hell did I reach that place? And the first thing that I saw when I woke up was a weird guy saying something about Kuromiya . Seeing that everything around me is in animated style, my only option is to think that I got transferred into an anime. He even mentioned about East-blue and East blue only exists in One Piece. That means I'm in One Piece.

If I remember correctly, he mentioned that someone named Dr. Kuromiya wants me to get involved in something I wouldn't really wanna be a part of. I just have this feeling that I really shouldn't get involved with him.......

This is all so bothersome.........

She turned her head sideways to look at the bag beside her ( which was given by the brown head ). Sitting up properly, with legs in a criss-cross position, her hand reached towards the bag.

Placing it on her lap, she opened the zipper. She looked through the supplies in the bag - a pouch of coins which is heavy, some food that looks like it will be enough for at least 3 days. There was something deeper inside the bag which she couldn't see properly as all the food supplies were placed on top of it.

Rummaging through the bag, she tried to reach for the said thing. When she finally felt something soft hit her hand, she slowly removed it from her bag and held it in front of herself . She blinked a few times to make sure what she was looking at.

"Is this what I think this it is....."

The thing that she was holding in her hand was a fruit. But it wasn't a normal fruit, that's something she could say for sure. It had weird round patterns all around the fruit and that could mean only one thing.

"It's a devil fruit......" She starred at the fruit for a few seconds.

That guy actually gave me a devil fruit. I should thank him the next time I see him, even though I still can't understand why he helped me. Aren't these fruits supposed to be very expensive and for him to just give them to me, ........very suspicious. It could be fake but why would he give me a fake fruit. He won't gain anything from it.

She looked at the fruit in her hand deep in thoughts, it was of dark green colour with brown spiral marks around it. A small stem grown on the top too.

It would be a risk. Even if it is a real devil fruit, Kei didn't know what powers it hold. If it wasn't a one which would help her survive, she would be in a disadvantage.

If it is really a devil fruit, then eating this would mean losing the ability to swim. But not being able to swim is better than dying. I wonder what kind of ability I would get......
Well, the only way to find out is by eating.

While shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly, she brought the fruit near her mouth and took a bite out of it. But she instantly regretted it. Her eyebrows furrowed and nose wrinkled as the taste melted on her tongue.

How can I forget that devil fruits are supposed to taste really nasty?!

She felt like vomiting and her face turned into a pale color, but still, she had to eat it. Taking a huge breath and she gulped down the fruit in her mouth. A deep sigh left from her, her shoulders slumped down.