C1 | Is it really you?

EDITED

|~Giyuu's POV~|

I had finally made it to my hometown from when I was a child. I lived here with my sister before she died on her wedding day. I still feel as if I should've died so she can get married and be happy. Thinking about that made me fairly sad, so I rushed to find my old house, that I still owned after years, since I still payed for it.

When I finally found it, I went inside and explored to get to know the place again. It was in good condition still, but it was hard to look at as the memories of my sister rushed in.

The reason I was here? Shinobu Kocho, the insect pillar and a doctor, was concerned about me and my health, and I've been on a bunch of missions this year, so she suggested to the master to give me a break, so I can take care of myself.

Even though I was on break, I was gonna continue training, maybe even make a new breathing form so I can become more powerful.

After looking around the inside of the house, I went into the backyard. It was beautiful. It has a few Sakura Trees and a few Wisteria Trees. I went over to one and picked at it.

I was addicted to it. I knew it was poison, but I had always eaten the leaves, ever since I was four years old. It doesn't kill humans but weakens them. Also, Shinobu would inject herself with it. She doesn't know that I know and she doesn't know that I consume the stuff either. I never knew why she poisoned her blood, but I'm not gonna ask her.

I was chased out of my thoughts when I spotted a butterfly. It reminded me of someone. Kanae Kocho, Shinobu's older sister and former pillar that passed away from Upper Rank 2. The butterfly looked like Kanae's old hairpin.

The butterfly landed on my hand when I reached out to it. I had never seen any butterfly do this before, let alone to me. It was odd but cool at the same time.

"Kanae Kocho?" I said, half joking, while looking at my hand to look at it closer. I brought it closer to me and it stayed put instead of flying away.

"Kanae?" I asked, more seriously this time. The butterfly flew onto my head.

I was now convinced that this butterfly, was in fact, Kanae Kocho, Shinobu's older deceased sister, reincarnated as a butterfly.

.
.
.

|~Shinobu's POV~|

Today was a Hashira Meeting. I was kinda nervous about it since it was set before the scheduled one.

On my way, I ran into my best friend Mitsuri Kanroji.

"Hi Shinobu-Chan!" She said, in her usual cheery and high pitched voice.

"Hello Mitsuri-Chan!" I replied.

"I'm kinda of worried about this meeting. Though I do have an idea on what it's about."

"I'm worried too. Well what do you think?"

"If master doesn't say it, or if I don't see it, then I'll tell you"

"Alright!"

When we got there, I noticed everyone was here except Tomioka-San, as per usual.

"Good Morning my children" We all bowed when we heard Master.

"Hello Master!" All of us said in unison.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Tomioka isn't here yet" Obanai said from the right of me.

"That's why we are here. Shinobu Kocho, our nurse and insect pillar, has requested to take a break for a few months. Before any of you butt in, he's been on countless missions within the past year and he hasn't been taking care of himself much, so I agreed. He wishes to not be bothered while out." All of us nod.

"Well that's it. Stay safe my children and missions will come out soon.."

Once The Master had left, everyone else left too. I was glad that he took my advice and agreed to take this break, he really needed it.

Im also concerned about his lack of social skills, his loneliness and more importantly, his blood. We had to test it, and it was, I don't know, we couldn't identify his blood type. It was concerning but I decided to push back the thought for now. But recently I've been thinking and caring about him too much, and I don't know why.

.
.
.

End of Chapter One