Volume 2 Chapter 1: An Ordinary Day

Strong people don't like witnesses to their weakness.
Margaret Mitchell

Just a normal school day. Just yesterday, the B class case was closed, which meant that my main target was now a study group organized by me. And it would have been all right if it weren't for its members. I could safely carry out any other plan in parallel, but I was afraid that all my energies would be spent on improving the mental capacity of three idiots, two of whom were also brazen perverts.

Thank God I was born a guy and not a girl. Otherwise I would have had a hard time engaging them in these activities, because then they would be constantly staring at my breasts and trying to slap my ass. I wonder if I would have big breasts, medium breasts, or small breasts. Surely my hair would have been moderately short and my muscles would have remained just as developed. For some reason I wanted to try being a girl.

Walking into the classroom, I slowly walked over to my seat, pulled out all the necessary supplies, and began to observe my pets... I mean, classmates.

«Oh, so Ayanokoji really did rule someone out with his plan?»

«Oh man, we're lucky he's in our class, otherwise you, Sudo, might have gotten in trouble.»

«Shut up, I would never fall for the provocation of others, so I wouldn't get into a fight for no reason.»

Oh, are three idiots afraid of me? I helped them, didn't I?

«Ah, Horikita, the rest of my classmates and I are going out for lunch together, would you like to join...»

«No.»

Kushida tries for the hundredth time to ask Horikita to go somewhere to spend time with her, but she, in turn, refuses her for the same hundredth time. I really wonder why such a popular and outgoing girl would want to be friends with someone like Horikita.

Kushida Kikyo. The first person I met at this school. A very popular first year girl who, from what I heard earlier, wants to be friends with everyone at this school. Seemed like a very nice and outgoing person. However, there was something that bothered me. Every time I saw her, I kept feeling something strange. Her aura didn't look kind and bright at all. It was rather dark and gloomy.

If I had to make a more effective example, I'd take Kamuro and turn her upside down. And no, I wouldn't do it literally, lest I be accused later of wanting to look at her underwear. I was referring to the figurative type of action. Simply put, you only have to look at Kamuro herself and compare her to Kushida. If the former hides her good side behind the bad, with the latter it's the opposite, the bad side is hidden behind the good.

But still, I won't deduce theories or try to find out her secret. Although this girl is definitely a girl to watch out for. I don't know what she might be hiding, so it's best not to count on her and her possible help.

«Horikita, why don't you want to be friends with me?»

«I already told you I'm not going to make friends. Can you please stop pestering me all the time?»

Kushida didn't say anything back. She just walked back to her friends while they all glared at my roommate with hateful eyes.

Well, I can say that so far it looks like business as usual. There's nothing new going on. Maybe I should call Kamuro to lighten the mood.

* * *

Classes were over and everyone was packing their bags. I approached the three idiots to ask them something.

«Sudo, Ike, Yamauchi, do you remember that we're meeting at the library today at 5 p.m.?»

«Oh, ah, Ayanokoji, I'm sorry, I already have plans today...»