chapter 2: Some name you have

Ferritalli woke up the sound of shoes tapping on the floor towards him, the person walked by. He heard them open a cell, Ferritalli went closer to the glass to look at what they where doing, he couldn't see them but he heard voices, eventually he heard two sets of feet, one sounded like a shoe covered in fabric, odd? He saw the person again, but this time the guy they called 'stickers' was with him, they took Stickers with them towards the Game station.

"Wonder what he is like." Ferritalli said to himself. He heard a few more feet, one of them came to his cell and took him with them, he heard all but two pairs of feet go the opposite direction. "Whats that thumping behind us?" Ferritalli asked the woman leading him. "That's Vaporwave, 0901" She said without looking back or, somehow expressing no emotion in her voice.

Ferritalli looked back to see a tall owl lady stomping beside someone, she had floating limbs and four arms, she seemed interested in her hands.

He kept walking, entering the rail area again, "Walk down these stairs and jump over the little fence, it should be easy for you." Ferritalli walked down and jumped over the rail as the owl lady followed behind, she seemed focused and understanding of what was going on. He wondered how long she had been here?

"Hi, I'm Ferritalli. You're Vaporwave, right?" He asked the owl lady, "Yes, I am in fact Vaporwave, Exp. 0901." She said calmly, the way she talked sounded odd, like it was layered with a robotic buzz. "Some name you have, that means you're one of the expendables, right?" She asked. Ferritalli stood there processing, was she stating that Ferritalli was just a test? "Uh, maybe? Its only, like, my third day here." She looked Ferritalli up and down as he rubbed his hands together.

"Ah, so you must not know how the system works. Let me explain." She took Ferritalli's hand in one of hers and started to walk around the edge of the game station. "depending on how you did you are either an expendable one or one that is worth keeping. That's usually indicated by name, like, Stickers is not expendable because he had a name chosen for him. You have a name chewed and spit out, no meaning." Ferritalli understood most of it, "So what are they going to do with me if I mess up?" She let go of his hand and stopped. "They wont kill you, they will just start to use you for tests, an example of that is they Test how much stress you can handle." They both sat down on the benches beside them.

she started to intwine her fingers and make a snake out of them somehow, Ferritalli watched as its eyes appeared and a maw and tongue started to become defined. "How are you doing that?" He asked, "Practice, also I was taught." Ferritalli continued to watch as she molded her hands into different animals, the fingers became eyes, pinky's became wings. This lasted for around two hours before Ferritalli had to go.