chapter 34: seperation anxiety

Jester didn't think he'd be in his old cell again, let alone four days after he left it. Everything lately had gotten too overwhelming to handle. maybe that was why he hurt the kid? Because he was in fight or flight? Maybe he was overthinking it. He never wanted to hurt them, his instincts took the better of him, he couldn't control it. It wasn't my fault, right?

Jester had been sitting in his cell. He didn't really know what to do, he had a restraint on his hands so he couldn't use them at all, and they had muzzled him for some reason. He was hungry and felt icky, he wanted to take a shower. He couldn't even talk because of his muzzle, he could scream though. Jester let himself yell out his anger and sadness, he really needed it.

He just crouched in the middle of his room wailing, he missed Solas, Jester was almost certain they would kill him eventually. He also knew he probably wasn't going to be allowed back into the play station. Vaporwave told him a story once, she said one of her old friends had killed three kids and escaped the factory. Maybe they made the security system extremely strict because of it.

After Jester let out his emotions by screaming he approached the bulletproof glass wall of his cell, looking out at the few experiments passing, aswell as the scientists and employees. Jester raised his hand restraint up and looked at it, it was some sort of big metal box version of handcuffs. Looked strong, maybe made out of titanium.

Jester raised it up and bashed the glass with it, attempting to get something interesting happening. Maybe he could crack the glass or get someone to come into his cell. Jester used his full strength, it was half as loud as a gun shot every time he hit the glass, quite loud.

Eventually he managed to send a few cracks into the glass, this caught the attention of most of the people passing by, someone who saw it started running down the hall to somewhere. After a few minutes they came back with two other people, one came into Jester's cell. Finally, something interesting. Jester jumped on top of the person, sitting on them after they had fallen over.

Another tazer shock, he fell off of the man, he stood up and tied jester's arms to his body and attached a chain to his hand restraint. Jester was taken to another cell for the rest of the day. when he returned the glass was fixed. At least something happened, rather than nothing. I'll just inconvenience all of them. And I'm still in my cell, maybe their keeping me for something. Jester proceeded to smash the clock next to his bed and lay down face-first like he usually did.

Jester curled up and tried to fall asleep, maybe they would give him something so he could be occupied with tomorrow. He wasn't very comfortable on his bed, the muzzle was pushing into his face, Jester bet that there would be a mark when he took it off. Eventually late in the night he fell asleep, He had nightmares of Solas leaving him, hurting the kids, yelling at himself to stop. He couldn't do anything. His own mind a prison, How did everything go so wrong in only a few minutes?