chapter 38: protectiveness

Jester panted, his body aching from the fight, he had fought some sort of blue sock monkey out of the theatre. aswell as a few others, the theatre looked bigger, different. he liked the change. He killed any human he saw, I'm not letting them take me from Solas again. He could feel tears in his skin from the fight, he walked backstage to where Solas had been waiting for him, Solas got up, looking worried. Jester couldn't stand anymore, he was too tired. He fell to his knees as Solas ran up to him and hugged him. They pulled Jester over to a small fort he had constructed in his absence. This is nice, I protected Solas, that's all that matters. He closed his eyes and rested, Solas slapped him, Jester sat up. "What gives?" 'I thought you fainted, god damnit, don't do that to me! You're really hurt, here- Let me find some thread so I can sew you up.'

Solas started to rummage through the boxes, Jester turned onto his face and tried to sleep, hopefully he warded off anything that may have been a threat. Jester watched Solas around his shoulder, they were digging through something in a box, eventually pulling out a thread and needle. Of course one would be back here, it was probably there to sew up damaged costumes, and the thread was a lovely white color.

Solas started stitching a rip on his back carefully, although It didn't hurt, it only hurt in places that had been cut deep. "Hey, did you see that blue sock puppet or whatever it was?" Solas nodded. "You're sewing a rip he did to me, oh, and thanks." Solas looked at Jester worriedly. Solas went back to sewing, Jester laid there for around an hour while in uncomfortable silence as Solas stitched him back up. When he was finished Jester turned and hugged Solas, he didn't let go for a while. Jester just wanted to hug Solas forever, he was never letting go. He couldn't bear not being with him.

"Solas I missed you so much, I have so much to tell you, want to tell me what happened with you in my absence?" Solas looked to the side uncomfortably. 'well, there's a lot on my side aswell, first off, a few weeks after they took you away you were replaced by a pair of clowns.' They replaced ME? with some stupid knockoffs? I hope they got killed. 'After a while I think I did something to upset the people, or maybe they just moved me. Either way I went somewhere else, I was moved to be a guide at an aquarium place, I got to meet a lot of fish toys, and they seemed to like how quiet I was, especially Divebomb.' jester crossed his legs together and curled his tail around himself. "Who?" Solas continued. 'Divebomb is this shark jukebox guy. everyone was so friendly, although almost none of them knew sign language. I worked there until last night honestly.'

"Thanks for the explanation, want me to tell you my side? Also, ask questions before we begin, I want to know what you think happened." Solas thought for a minute, 'How did you not die? Don't toys like you get thrown away when they pull a stunt like that?' Jester chuckled. "I don't know, they took me away, put me in a cell, I, of course, broke out countless times to try and find you, unsuccessfully..." Jester scratched his head.

"Over the years they started feedin' me Experiments, maybe it was a method to try and 'tame' me." He air quoted with disgust. "But I'm not one easily tamed, so then yesterday happened, I was about to eat someone when the whole alarm thing started and I broke out and found you, you know the rest." Solas looked at him uncomfortably. 'Did you ever talk to the people you ate?' Jester nodded and tried not to laugh. "Yeah, of course I did, what else was I supposed to do? once a week I'd get fed, it was entertainin', and you know I get bored easily, I like chattin'. A lot of them asked me to remember their last words for some reason, like, there was one dinosaur one that asked me to "Tell 'Bron' I didn't make it", no idea what that means."

Solas tipped their head. "Well, should we figure out a living situation or what? We aren't going to live here without food or water." Jester stood up and offered Solas's hand. 'No, no. Sit down, I'll go do that, you need rest, you almost fainted! You need you're sleep. Go to bed, I'll find food.' Jester didn't know how to respond. "It could be dangerous, you saw how beaten I was when I came in!" Solas grabbed his hand firmly. 'That's because there was a lot of chaos going on, its calmed down now, It'll be fine, please.' Solas almost looked like he was going to cry. "O- ok, fine, please come back safe.." Jester said, sitting down. 'I will, see you soon.'

He never specified when, I hope in an hour or less, if he leaves for more than five hours I'm going out to look for him, I don't want to be alone again, I- I'm scared.. Jester climbed back onto the small pile of blankets and curled up, he glanced back at Solas's tail disappearing around the corner. Come back soon, please.