chapter 29: paint chips

Jester always wondered if Solas had a secret mouth, or just a mouth in general, or was going to have one at some point. It didn't seem to make very much sense. Why would they make someone who used sign language to communicate if most of the children didn't know it? It boggled Jester to an extent. Also, how did he eat? Didn't Solas eat?

Jester was taken to the Play station once again, it was Thursday. Jester proceeded to wait for Solas slightly impatient, he wanted to ask Solas about it. Jester knew his own mouth went beyond what was perceived. He could open his jaw wider than what you would expect, his mouth was seemingly just a black void at first, but when he wants to he can show his obsidian black teeth. He bet if he ever showed any human who dared anger him to that extent, they surely would die of pure fear.

*Jingle, clink, shhhh.* Jester turned towards the slide as he heard Solas slide down, Jester hopped over and greeted Solas. "Hey Solas, did you know they are installin' a ball pit it the PlayStation soon?" Jester asked, he wanted to keep himself from bursting into too personal information first-thing, Jester wanted to let Solas wake up a bit before he asked. 'No I didn't, I bet that'll be very fun for the kids.' Solas rubbed their eyes when they finished speaking. They had changed the sleep schedule, now they had to wake up at six in the morning instead of eight.

"Lets go to the blanket fort where we can talk, we can clean later or tomorrow." Jester took Solas's hand and they both walked to the blanket fort. Jester listened to both of their bell's jingle as they walked to the corner where their fort was. Jester pushed the curtains back, letting Solas walk ahead of him, Jester turned on the hanging star lights in the fort and sat down on a pillow beside Solas.

"So, I've been wonderin' about how you eat, Solas." Jester turned to him, curling his tail around his feet. 'oh, I just eat how you do, I open my mouth and eat.' Jester stared at him in confusion. "But you have no...?" He pointed to his own mouth. Solas scooted towards jester, a small clicking-like sound coming from somewhere. A line appeared across the bottom of Solas's face, he opened a long maw, revealing a large mouth where Jester thought the inside of his head would have been.

"that's interestin'... You're mouth takes up way more of you're head than I would have thought. Hey, where are you're brains? Would they even fit in you're head?" Jester looked at Solas's Canine-like teeth and purple tendril tongue in wonder. 'Its where you would assume, My head is more spacious than you could realize' Solas physically giggled, his little music box chiming like it was a wind chime.

He's quite charming and cute when he laughs. Jester joined for a minute. They both chatted together, eventually ending the conversation on what 'paint chips' taste like. Jester was looking forward to the days to come where he would spend his time with Solas again.