Chapter Five: Simmer Down

Alrighty, I didn't quite get 8 votes on my last chapter but that's okay, we'll try 8 for this one. 50 reads and 8 votes for the next chapter to be posted. Thank ya :) love you guys :)

Sitting in the waiting room, with Cole slumped over my shoulder, was boring. Suzy fiddled with the hem of her shirt while Marty grunted and kicked the table every once in a while. "Will you stop it?" I snapped after he groaned loudly.

"Not until I beat my record. This demon bird shall not send me to embarrassment!" He proclaimed.

"What are you even playing?"  I asked, leaning over to get a look at his screen.

"Flappy Bird," he said, then stuck the tip of his tongue out of the corner of his mouth, concentrating on the game.

"You still play that?" Suzy questioned, laughing slightly.

Marty looked up from his screen and noticed our 'really?' look.

He sat up from his slouching position and shook his head. "You guys are no fun."

"I'm plenty of fun!" Suzy complained, her eyebrows scrunched together, curls cascading down her shoulder.

"Are not."

"Am too!"

"Are not!" Marty said louder as he leaned forward.

"Am too!" She said even louder, scooting to the end of her seat.

"Are no-"

"Will you two just have sex already!" I shouted, fed up with their pointless banter. "No? Then shut. The hell. Up."

A old couple glanced at me with scowls, but I didn't care. All I was focused on was getting Marty and Suzy to shut up.

The pair looked at me with astonishment before Suzy gave me a look between disgust and shock. Marty had his eyes wide and his cheeks were tinted pink. I tilted my head to the side and raised my eyebrows at them. The heavy weight on my shoulder shifted and Cole slowly sat up, blinking several times. "I heard sex." I snorted. "Who's having sex?"

"No one is having sex, Cole," said Suzy.

"Darn, I brought a condom for nothing."

I was taken back. "You what?!"

Cole looked at me with a smug smile which made his eyes spread apart more because of his flat nose. "You look Asian. Kinda like the Asian guy in Suzy's boy toy band. What's his name, Suze? Calvin was it?"

Suzy rolled her eyes. "One, it's Calum. And two, he is not Asian. And three, if you're going to insult my favorite person you might as well do it right. And the band is 5 Seconds of Summer. They did the song you liked?"

I drew another blank, looking at Suzy expectantly. "She Looks So Perfect?" She said slowly.

"Oh, c'mon Suzy, you know I'm bad with names," I groaned

Cole mumbled beside me, "You remembered mine fine."

I whacked him, then motioned for Suzy to continue, but before she could, Marty jumped up and started to sing very off key.

"Simmer down, simmer down. They say we're too young now to amount to anything else. But look around , we worked too damn hard just to give it up now. If you don't swim, you'll drown, but don't move, honey."

He made a bigger embarrassment by singing obnoxiously loud and running around with an imaginary electric guitar. Suzy pulled out her phone quickly to capture it. "This is so going on my fan blog."