v. fun until it lasted

AJAX WOKE UP to the earthy scents of fresh rain and dirt, yawning as he stretched his limbs

AJAX WOKE UP to the earthy scents of fresh rain and dirt, yawning as he stretched his limbs. The sun cast its white light onto the two, Ajax's gaze turned to (Y/n), her body rising up and down gently with each breath and nested in her long hair. Ajax smiled tenderly at her, his heartbeat quickening as he gently brushed away the strands of her velvety, golden hair and kissed her forehead.

  The moment of peace was shattered as a loud neighing sound echoed through the forest. Ajax jumped in shock and fright, recognizing that sound more times than he could count. The white stallion barged out from the bushes, soaking wet and nostrils flared. Before he could react, Razor bit Ajax's bottom and he let out a howl of pain.

  (Y/n) jolted awake as she heard a loud cry of protest and pain coming from Ajax, who was being dragged along by a white stallion. She bolted after the two, pulling Ajax as she and the horse played tug-of-war for him.

  "Release..." (Y/n) panted through gritted teeth "Her!"

  The stallion neighed stubbornly and shook harder before his boot came off and Ajax fell on top of the blonde woman angrily, the horse charged after them blindly before she boldly stepped in front of him.

  "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" (Y/n) tried to reassure the creature, unsure of how to deal with it "Easy, boy, easy!" The horse's breathing began to slow down as he relaxed.

  "That's it," (Y/n) praised the horse gently before instructing "Now sit,"

  The stallion sat on his hind legs, with the boot still in his mouth. "Now drop the boot,"

  He whinnied stubbornly before (Y/n) sternly repeated "Drop it," After a moment of silence, he opened his mouth and the boot came off.

  "Awww," She praised as she rubbed his muzzle and ruffled his mane. "You're such a good boy, yes you are!"

  He neighed contentedly as she cooed teasingly, "You're all tired from chasing the bad woman all over the place?"

  The white stallion nodded, pouting at her.

  "Excuse me?" Ajax cried out in mock offence, placing a hand on his heart.

  "Nobody appreciates you do they?" (Y/n) continued, stroking the horse's silky mane. He whinnied in response, almost as if to say yes.

  "No, no!" Ajax protested. "He's a bad horse!"

  "Oh, he's nothing but a big sweetheart!" (Y/n) smiled at Razor. He neighed delightfully in response.

  "That's right," she continued cooing before reading his name on a plaque. "Razor,"

  Razor nodded happily as she continued to stroke him.

  "Look," (Y/n) began after a moment of silence, "today is kinda the biggest day of my life. And I need, I need you not to get her arrested."

  Razor pouted angrily at Ajax before young woman pleaded, "Just for twenty four hours and then, you can chase each other to your hearts content. Okay?"

  Ajax grumbled something inaudible and stuck out a hand, almost as if to call a truce. Ajax turned away defiantly. "And it's also my birthday. Just so you know." (Y/n) smiled sheepishly.

  Finally, the horse and Ajax shook hands to call it a truce.

۰ ˚⁀ ♡̷̷ˎˊ˗

    "WE'RE HERE!" AJAX said at last, after a long and arduous journey. "We finally made it to Mondstadt!"

  (Y/n) gaped at the large castle standing from a distance and its large rune stone she'd heard about in the stories her mother had told her. She turned her gaze to the city and gaped at how beautiful the the city was. As she wandered around, Ajax looked at a Wanted poster and tore it away, crumpling it into a ball and throwing it carelessly, hitting Razor in the process. The horse neighed before spitting it in his face. The two began to fight before paimon turned back on (Y/n)'s shoulder and gave them a warning glare, almost to say 'behave'. The two frenemies grumbled and stopped fighting, simply nudging each other now.

  (Y/n) gasped at the sights, her imagination never prepared for such a place, and so many people. Clumsily, she bumped into many villagers and animals, mumbling apologies before nearly falling onto the floor as her hair got stuck in various things. Ajax began to collect her hair for her as he zig-zagged her way through the passers-by's. Ajax's eyes darted around before noticing a group of little girls braiding their hair. Letting out a whistle, he gestured to (Y/n)'s long hair. They gaped at the sight.

۰ ˚⁀ ♡̷̷ˎˊ˗

    (Y/N) TWIRLED, admiring her new hairdo. The girls had somehow managed to tame and style her long hair into a fashionable braid with small little flowers. She wasn't one to fuss about her looks but she did like the new hairstyle.

  "Thank you," She gratefully smiled at the little girls and her gaze shifted to Ajax, who gave a little smile at her as their eyes locked for a long moment, feeling her chest tighten and butterflies in her stomach intensifying.

  (Y/n) pulled Ajax along as she looked at all the wonders of Mondstadt, trying to evade the royal guards as they did so. She stopped in front of a mural of the King, Queen, and Princess, the queen holding a baby in her arms. Both of them were smiling tenderly. Underneath it, a little girl placed a flower at the base.

  "It's for the long-lost princess," The girl explained to her baby brother.

  (Y/n) squinted at the mural, wondering why she had a particular interest in the long-lost princess and why the baby in the mural kind of looked like her.

  The sound of music filled her ears and before she knew it, she began to dance with the villagers in the kingdom dance. She swarmed through the crowd, trying to find Ajax. Finally, (Y/n) found him and pulled him into a dance. She smiled as they twirled and spun around, their pulses pounding to the music. As the music stopped, they smiled at each other, feeling butterflies in their chest flying freely.

۰ ˚⁀ ♡̷̷ˎˊ˗

    FINALLY, it was time to see the lanterns. The two were bathed by the dusk for some time, the sky bare and waiting to be painted by the lanterns. (Y/n) let out a small sigh as she looked at the barren sky. She felt a reassuring hand squeeze hers gently.

Author note ;

I'm gonna finish this book today 😋😋

don't forget to comment
and vote