You Were The One I Lost.

A courtroom is used to decide if a person has committed a crime or not. Usually, justice is brought and karma is given to those who've committed the crimes. But what if the crimes were defending yourself and getting muddled up in something you didn't know about.

Mugman sighed as he stood next to Nomura. He tried not to look at the attacker as the jury of immature bikers jeer and hiss at the judge. This wasn't a normal courtroom. It was one filled with bikers, even the judge was a biker. A young one.

Who knew a chaotic 14-year-old would decide his fate.

-

"The Hydrangeas have decided to give the biker Vesper a chance to defend himself. We aren't corrupt like the government. Speak!" Exclaimed the Judge. "And I, Firefly, demand you all to stop throwing trash!"

"Uh. So I was walking down the street and this guy came up out of nowhere." Said Mugman. "When he heard you guys come up he just trapped me."

"Hmm. Did you make that up?" Asked Firefly. "We do have a lie detector."

"No. I don't lie!" Replied Mugman. "Plus, I'm trying to get out of here alive. Not in pieces!"

"Ahem. Venus, do your science stuff on him."

A girl stood up from the seats next to the judge. She was small and she had a plant pot for a head, venus fly traps were coming from it too. She had glasses and even a clipboard with her. She walked behind them and then stepped on a platform and it rose so she could reach the two suspects. She connected a wire to Mugman's finger and went back down.

"One beep, you're lying. Two beeps, you're telling the truth." Explained Firefly. "Do you know Nomura?"

"Nope. He's a stranger to me."

The lie detector beeped twice and the crowd started to boo. Mugman started booing back at them as Nomura looked at him and the crowd in disgust. The judge grabbed the bat that was broken and slammed it on the table a few times to get everybody's attention.

"Order! In! The! Court!" Exclaimed Firefly. "Now. Do you think you have something to do with Nomura?"

"No." Replied Mugman.

The lie detector beeped once. The room fell science for a second as Mugman sounded confused but then he quickly remembered Illusion. The attackers. They talked about him, Nomura was with the attackers. He gulped as the judge took out a book from under the desk.

"Do you have any relation with Equilibrium?" Asked Firefly.

"Oh. Shit." Thought Mugman.

The courtroom was now serious. The people throwing trash everywhere looked at him as if he committed a crime. Nomura still looked disgusted but his expression hasn't changed at all. He tried to think of something as the silence became more and more unsettling. What did Equilibrium do that made them hate her?

"Well, I wouldn't say I have a relationship with her." Explained Mugman. "More like an unwanted meeting?"

The lie detector beeped twice, and the courtroom busted out in shouting at one another. The jury was shouting the words "Guilty" and "Innocent" as others were grabbing weapons out of their seats. Firefly was ignoring the entire thing going on and he was writing away in his book as the others sitting next to him were trying to stop the shouting.

Mugman started to panic as some others were shouting the words "Gladiator". The wire that was on his index finger was taken off gently and the small girl went back to her seat. The judge stopped writing and he stood up. He grabbed an air horn next to him. His face was more serious than it ever was, he picked up his book and cleared his throat.