The Date

Clarys POV

I finish reading the note and can't believe what it says. I thought he would never find me. I thought I was safe. But I guess not. Should I tell Mom or Jon? Should I tell Jace? I know one thing for sure, I can't let anyone die for me. I decide not to tell anyone and fold up the note and put it in my pocket.

Mom is in the kitchen with the triplets, drawing a picture of them as they play.

"Who was at the door?" She asks me.

"No one" I say. It's not technically lying. I don't want to lie to her.

"Okay. I was wandering if you wanted to have the weekend off this weekend. I could watch the triplets for you and you could go hang out with your friends"

"Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks, Mom, for everything. I love you. I know I've been a burden since I got here and then I got pregnant" I start to cry.

"Oh, Sweetie, none of that was your fault. I shouldn't have ever sent you with that bastard. And it was that jerk Sebastian's fault that you got pregnant. And you are certainly not a burden. I would gladly take on all of your problems because I love you"

"I love you, too" I say as I give her a big hug. we separate when the door bell rings. "that's probably Jace"

"Have fun on your date, honey" she tells me.

"I will" I answer the door to find the most beautiful, gorgeous man in the world.

"Hi, Clare. Are you ready?" Jace asks.

"Yep. Let's go" We walk out to his car and he opens my door for me as I get in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We pull over on the side of the road in a secluded area. I can see a row of tiki torches along a path leading into the woods.

Jace grabs a picnic basket out of the trunk and walks over to me.

"Where are we?" I ask him. He just smiles.

"It's a surprise. Come on, let's go" he says, offering me his hand. I take it and intertwine our fingers. We walk down the path in a comfortable silence.

After about five minutes of walking, we reach a clearing. As soon as my eyes see it, I gasp. It's absolutely beautiful. You can see all of the stars in the sky from it. There is also a small stream running along one side of the clearing. There are about a thousand fireflies flying about. In the middle is a picnic blanket with a candle in the middle. It looks like something out of a fairy tale.

"Do you like it?" Jace asks. He sounds a little nervous. I turn to look at him.

"I love it Jace. It is amazing! Did you do all on your own?" I ask him.

"Yes, I promise"

"Well, it's beautiful" I say as I turn towards him. I put my arms around his neck and he puts his hands on my hips.

"Not as beautiful as you" he says. I stand on my toes and place my lips to his. He instantly kisses me back and pulls me closer to him. We pull apart until only our foreheads touched.

"I love you" I say.

"I love you, too" He says.

The rest if the date is wonderful. The night couldn't have turned out more perfect.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Sorry about the short chapter. I just wanted to post something and end you wait. Ill update soon, I promise!