4

A rush of air hit my lungs as I gasped aloud, the strong hand around my throat gone and my vision started to come back. I could hear an altercation in the room taking place but my body couldn't move from the spot it was in. All noise was muffled but I could hear shouting of some kind. I struggled to start breathing again and let the air circulate through my lungs. I felt the bed shift and something soft being put over me. I felt strong arms tuck the fabric over me and start to move me.

The world came into focus and I looked up to see Chani above me holding me close. The noise in the room grew louder as my senses awakened. I blinked a few times to get the tears out from my eyes and felt them start to slide down my cheek as I took in the scene before me. Zuho being held back by two of his members, while Dawon and two other boys restrained Derek. Taeyang was on the phone and looked serious as he kept looking back at me and then the scene before him. My eyes locked onto Zuho and his gaze met mine. He brushed off his members and ran over to me, shoving Chani out of the way and scooping my body up in arms.

As soon as I was in his embrace the tears started flowing and I didn't hold back. Zuho stroked my hair and started humming a soft tune as he occasionally whispered that it was going to be okay.

"He's over here officers." A voice called out. I glanced up at Zuho, who looked back at me with a sad smile playing on his lips.

"Youngbin and Taeyang called the police and an ambulance. They'll take him away and you'll be safe from him. Then we'll get you checked out." He rocked me back and forth in his arms and wiped away my tears and hummed the same melody again.

The room exploded with light and noise as police officers came in and took Derek away then started taking statements. Two EMTs came in with a stretcher and Zuho carefully placed me on it and held onto my hand while they examined me over. Within the next ten minutes, they wheeled me out with Zuho following me as I went and they loaded me into the ambulance.

After we got to the hospital, they took down my information from Zuho and the paramedics. They checked me out and did a few scans on my body and stitched up the cut on my chest, the rest they bandaged up since they weren't deep. Within the next hour, I was sitting in a room with Zuho and the rest of his members as the doctor came in to talk to us.

"Her bandages will need to be changed once a day and this cream applied on to the cuts so they stay clean. Her stitches should dissolve on their own within two weeks but we can take them out if they don't dissolve in that time." The doctor handed Youngbin a few papers and continued," She should do no heavy lifting or physical activity for the next week, there is slight bruising on a few organs but nothing serious and should heal on their own. I prescribed pain meds for her to take twice a day. If the pain gets worse over the course of a week and a half bring her back in. She has a slight concussion so watch out for migraines or loss of balance. Overall, rest and try to feel better. If you need me, my phone number and extension is on the bottom."

All the boys stood up and bowed to the doctor as he left the room. Youngbin grabbed his coat and the papers and looked at me with a smile on his face. "I'll discharge you Lizzy, you can stay at our place until you're comfortable going back to yours. If you need us to grab anything let us know and we'd be glad to grab it." He left the room and the rest of the boys got up putting their coats on.

Chani came up to me and handed me a black hoodie and sweatpants. His eyes wide and filled with nervousness. "Here, they may be a bit big but I ran and got some of my clothes since I'm the closest to your size. I grabbed your slippers and bag when we left your apartment." He dangled a pair of fuzzy cat slippers in his hand and my bag in the other.

"Thank you." I said my voice hoarse still.

The tallest boy out of all of them came over to Zuho and put a coat over his shoulders. "Hwiyoung and I will go grab the car and pull it around. Dawon and myself will help you bring her to the car. Taeyang is going to head over to her apartment after the police clear it out and grab some clothes for her. Don't worry, we're here for you."