The Healing Process

When I woke up, I was laying in a room that I didn't recognize. I looked around the room and I could see Michael. He was asleep in a chair next to me and his head was laying on my bed. I moved my hand as best as I could onto his head and I woke him up by mistake.

"S-Sorry," I whispered as I tried to smile.

"Don't apologize," Michael said as he grabbed my hand. "How do you feel?"

"Tired," I responded as tried to move over.

"Wilbur!" Michael said as he tried to stop me from moving.

"Please," I whispered as I tapped the now open spot in my bed. "I want you to hold me."

"Fine," Michael sighed as he slowly crawled into my bed.

Michael wrapped his arms around me and I just dug my face into his chest. This is the feeling that I've been waiting for.

"Where's George?" I asked as I tried to look around.

"He's alright," Michael whispered as placed his hand on my head. "He's sleeping in one of the other rooms. He's doing just fine."

"That's good," I whispered as I look up at Michael.

He just stared at me for a moment before our lips connected. This is the feeling that I had been wanting for so long and I fell asleep in Michael's arms after.

The next few days felt like hell because the doctors kept going in and out of my room, doing little tests. A lot of the tests were just trying to help me back onto my feet because I had lost all strength in them. Michael looked so annoyed when the doctors forced me to stand and walk me to a chair. It hurt and my legs just kept giving out on me.

"I think that's enough for today," Michael finally snapped. "I think that's enough with all of your little tests. I'm taking him home so sign the release papers."

"But sir!" The doctor exclaimed.

"Sign the release papers now," Michael hissed as he lifted me off of the ground.

"Yes sir," the doctor signed as he left the room.

"That was a little harsh," I laughed as Michael placed me on the bed.

"I can't just watch you suffer," Michael sighed.

"I'm fine," I smiled as I pulled Michael in by the collar and kissed him.

"Are you two gonna get married?" A familiar voice asked.

I panicked and pushed Michael away to see George staring at us in the doorway.

"George!" I exclaimed as my face went a bright red.

"Dina," Michael snapped.

"You caught me," Dina laughed as she turned the corner.

George ran over to me and struggled to get onto the bed. I reached down, but Michael was faster and helped George onto the bed first. George then crawled onto my lap and hugged me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I lifted George's shirt to not see his ribs anymore.

"Good!" George smiled. "I can eat a lot more and the food here is a lot better!"

"That's good," I laughed as I looked at Michael in fear.

"Why don't you go with Dina and Lily for a bit so that I can get your brother ready to leave," Michael said as he placed his hand on George's hand.

George just glared at Michael before rolling his eyes and hugging me again. Michael looked like he was about to kill George and all I could do was laugh. Dina was hysterical laughing so Lily had to lead her outside from how loud she was being.