A Terrorist Attack

The city was massive and I felt like if I didn't stay close to Michael then I would get lost in a heartbeat. As I looked around for George, I didn't realize that my thought would come true. I lost sight of Michael, Dina, and Lily. I told myself that I would continue to look and that I just needed to go back to the tallest building in the city by the end of the day.

I did get some weird looks from a lot of the angels, but a lot was helpful. A lot asked if I was looking for someone and when I showed them a picture of George, they said that they haven't seen him. I said that I was sorry for bothering them and continued on my way. A lot of the angels were jerks though. I guess even if you're an angel, you aren't perfect. They would call me names and other things because of me being a human. A few of them ran into me intentionally and knocked me down. They just walked away laughing because they didn't care. There was always a nicer angel now and again though that would help me up.

It was about noon when I started to get hungry. I went into different restaurants, but no one would serve me until I finally found one that would.

"What can I get you today, sir?" A younger woman asked as she pulled out a pen and pad of paper.

I looked at the menu for a moment before just looking at her.

"Would you mind choosing for me, love?" I smiled.

"N-No problem sir!" The woman exclaimed as she scribbled something on her paper and ran away.

Her face was a bright red when she came back with a plate of food.

"Here you go, sir!" The woman said as she placed down the food. "Is there anything else you would like?"

"No thank you," I laughed as I looked at her name tag. "Angelina. That's a nice name. Thank you for the food, Angelina."

When I said her name, her face lit up like a lightbulb. She looked so happy as she walked away and I just started to eat my food. I was sitting next to the window, so when I looked outside, I thought I saw George, but when I blinked, he was gone. I shook my head for a second before placing my hand on my head.

"I'm seeing things," I thought as I opened my eyes.

I finished my food and paid. As I was about to walk outside though, I could hear an explosion go off and the restaurant started to shake. The roof started to fall in a bit, but the building didn't come down. My instincts kicked in immediately from working as a doctor in the village.

"Is everyone okay!?" I screamed as I looked around the restaurant.

"We're fine," the woman who took my order responded.

I ran outside to see a bunch of smoke coming from about 5 buildings over. It looked like a terrorist attack. A crowd of angels came rushing towards me and when I could see a woman trip, I ran over to her.

"Miss!" I yelled as I helped her to her feet. "What happened?"

"The demons bombed a church!" The woman responded as she stood up and started running.

I looked up to see that there was a church on fire and multiple angels were hurt. I ran to the church to help everyone who needed it.

"Sir!" I yelled as I ran to an older gentleman that was laying on the ground. "Sir, I'm gonna need you to wake up!"

He opened his eyes and started to cough.

"Sir, I'm here to help you," I said as I looked at the burn marks on his arm.

"WILBUR!" A voice boomed.

"Michael!" I exclaimed as I turned to face him.

"Where the hell have you been!?" Michael snapped as he pulled me to my feet.

"I lost you, so I went to look around a bit more," I responded. "I was just eating something when this happened."

"You should've stayed by my side!" Michael screamed as he started to pull me away from the church. "We're going home."

"What!?" I yelled as I tried to pull away. "I can't just leave these angels!"

"The paramedics are on the way," Michael snapped. "The other angels will get help soon."

"But I can't leave!" I said as I started to hit Michael's arm.

"Why the hell can't you leave!?" Michael burst as he turned to face me. "What did these angels do for you? Nothing! Over half of these angels hate you just because you're a human! So why the hell do you want to stay and help them!?"

"BECAUSE MY PARENTS WERE KILLED IN A TERRORIST ATTACK!" I screamed as tears ran down my face.

"That's how they died," Michael whispered as his grip loosened.

"And I made a promise to always save people no matter the cost," I snapped as I pulled away. "I'm a doctor so I know how to handle this kind of thing. I don't care if I'm your pet and I'm supposed to listen to you. My priority is to help others survive."

I stormed off towards the older man again. As I was trying to help him stand, Michael came over and helped as well.

"I'm gonna kill you tonight," Michael hissed as he helped to older man.

"I'm fine with taking any punishment," I sighed as I turned towards the church to see a woman panicking.

I ran over to get her away from the church, but she just told me that she can't find her child.

"Please!" The woman pleaded. "You have to save my baby boy!"

I looked at Michael who was over by the old man. He was shaking his head no, but I couldn't help it. I ran straight into the burning building and I could hear a boy's voice crying out for help. I went towards it and when I got to the room, I could see the boy sitting in the corner of the room. By just looking, I could see that his arm was broken and he had burn marks all across his body.

"Hey, buddy!" I said hoping to get his attention. "Are you Samuel?"

The little boy shook his head before cowering again.

"Can I call you Sam?" I asked as I started to move some broken beams out of the way. "Do you like the name, Sam?"

The boy just shook his head again, now looking at me.

"You have such a nice name Sam," I said, trying to calm him down. "Did you know that?"

Sam started to smile a bit.

"There you go buddy," I said trying to find a path to get to him. "Everything will be alright, do you understand me?"

"Y-Yes," Sam whispered.

"You're Mom is worried about you," I continued. "I can get you to her if you just listen to everything that I say."

"I wanna see Mama," Sam said.

"She wants to see you too, but you're gonna have to listen to me. Can you see me well?"

"Yes!" Sam exclaimed.

"You're gonna have to follow where I point, okay?"

"But I'm scared!"

"I know you are, but you wanna see Mom, right?"

"Yeah!"

"Just listen to my voice then."

He hesitated, but I finally managed to get him to listen to me. He went the way that I told him to and once he got to me, I wrapped him up in my trench coat and took off towards the exit. As I got outside, the church started to collapse behind me. When I took my trench coat off of the boy, he ran straight for his Mom. The paramedics then started to arrive and took the boy away in an ambulance. I waved at the boy as he got into the ambulance and he waved back at me with his good arm. I collapsed to the ground and just laid on my back, staring up at the sky. Michael ran over to me and he looked like he was gonna kill me then and there.

"I couldn't help myself," I laughed.

"You're too risky for a human," Michael sighed as he stuck out his hand.

"I know," I smiled as I grabbed it.

The paramedics came over to me and made sure that I was okay before they left. I was fine, so they told me thanks for saving that boy and left the scene.